Big 3 alt to positive question

Chris Z
10+ year member

Always wanting more bass!
AL
Just got my Big 3 kit today and apparently, I measured just a few inches short for my run from my alt to my positive lead on my battery, and I'm pretty pissed at myself. Is there anything I could do that would be cheaper than just buying a new length of that wire? I was thinking maybe I could get like a short piece of metal, drill some holes on each side and secure it with some screws and bolts.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

is ur other ones any longer? you could always get some of the same size wire( how ever short in length u are) and but connect them together( will not flow as good but will work for a temp.

I would see if the guy you got your Kit from would do like a trade in thing and you add a lil bit or something....if its from the guy on here witht he kits he seems exztremely kool and it would be worth a shot to ask him.

Splices and extensions are just future problems. Get a longer piece and do it right.

Edit: How long of a piece you need and where in Bama are you?

Wow, I didn't think I'd get so many replies, thanks guys. Yeah...I have - 2 24"s and 1 14". The alt to batt pos lead is probably more like 27"-30". I've only hooked up my batt neg lead to chassis so far, my engine block is gonna be hard to get to, so I'll probably need some help with that one so yeah...I don't have any longer ones. And about getting a longer one from my seller, I think it probably cost about the same for me to pay shipping back to him and whatnot to just get some wire from Knu or w/e. And yeah, buck - I was kinda thinking that too.

It's just better to play it safe. I'm sure you don't want that connection coming of and grounding out on something. That would **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

cx7heaven did my big3 and we added some 1/0 wire to my stock wires since my stock batt was a 40r and the d3400 had diff terminals and i havnt had any probs since we did it back in april. was like 2/0 butt connectors he used

you could look for a piece around here or put in the WTB thread...i have some 1/0 terminals i can send you for nothing as im not gonna need them netime soon.

Yeah, it definitely would. Does anyone see a problem with just keeping that 1 wire out of the big 3 staying there for a little while? I think it'll be a week or two before I can finish the other 2.

Yeah, it definitely would. Does anyone see a problem with just keeping that 1 wire out of the big 3 staying there for a little while? I think it'll be a week or two before I can finish the other 2.
Dude, if you will tell me where in Bama you are i may can GIVE you a piece long enough!

It will be fine, I think. Be careful pulling too much current through the tiny stock wire, because it might be possible to burn it up.

It's a ground. IMO, the more grounds, the better.

Haha, you guys are pimps, dang! I live in Huntsville.
Lol...a GREAT seller on here threw em in with a sale not too long ago and i didnt use all of them and never will so you may need some i can throw em in a envelope and send em your way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.