Big 3 made things worse

94'BLKBRD
10+ year member

So Cal
Did the Big 3 on my Camaro. I used 0 gauge monster wire. I did it because I get voltage drops. After the Big 3 I still get voltage drops and my car feels like its going to shut off when I come to a stop/light. Also, when I go to turn on my car it just clicks. It turns on after 4-5 clicks.

What could cause this?

I did however cut the original alternator wire to remove the bolt to add the 0 gauge wire.I spliced it and twisted/taped it back together. I don't think that's the problem but just mentioning it just in case.

Another problem. Connected an AP1500D amp and two RE SE 10 subs and my car almost shut off, again. This is annoying. I have a new amp/sub/box and I can't even use them because I don't want my car shutting off on me. What's weird is that when the car is stumbling the voltage gauge doesn't drop below 13 volts.

Battery is an Optima Red Top

Used my MM:

At idle my battery read 14.09

Car off battery read 12.89

Key on the On/ACC position 12.46

Didn't get to measure with the system on, was running late for work.

Sorry for the long post, just mad that I can't use my new system.Let me know what you guys think.

i did the big 3 and mine gotless voltage loss but my car stumbles also and i personally think because i added bigger wire and even with the extra batt. in the back its too much current. kinda like i opened the current door and is too much for my alty.

i did the big 3 and mine gotless voltage loss but my car stumbles also and i personally think because i added bigger wire and even with the extra batt. in the back its too much current. kinda like i opened the current door and is too much for my alty.
That's what I was thinking. I wanted to post here before I buy a HO alternator.

It means your alt is about to die. My alt was wearing out and just before I actually realized it, I was getting bad dimming and such, and if I came to stop light with my system blasting, it would start freaking out and my gauges would start turning off. The car even died once or twice. The alt was dead and it was feeding off of battery power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.