Blown sub?

Jon1320
10+ year member

Its been a little over a couple months now since my system hasnt been working. I have a lanzar 2000w mono amp and 1 15" kicker cvr. It was a while ago when my sub would cut off and on at high volumes and would play for a little while at low volumes. I took out tha sub and i saw that 1 of the voice coil wires from the inner magnet structure was ripped off the voice coil post. I took a little bit of speaker wire and connected it back the voice coil post and now nothing plays at all. I dont think its my amp because my amp light is green but there is a little humming noise comming out of it like a computer fan but it doesnt have one. Can someone help me i think i blew the sub???

for the loss. its the lingo on this site. ftl = for the loss. ftw = for the win.

kickers seem to blow out often. i've never known anyone to have one for anymore than a year or so. and i've known lots of people with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.