Boston Acoustic SE50 versus Chrysler Infinity comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

bds0688
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alliance, OH
My friend has an 01 Dodge Intrepid ES with the Infinity systen. She's wanting better speakers but not going too spendy. Are these an improvement in every regard?

I know they're smaller midranges than the factory, but factory speakers aren't renowned for bass reproduction as it is, so I'm wondering how much of a difference it would make or improvement.

She wants new, warranty and what not, and seeing as her car requires an adapter of sort, she's leaning toward Crutchfield.

She says the highs are still okay/good for her. But I figure if the factory crossovers are going to cut highs and such to the door speakers, I may as well get components and replace the factory locations all around.

I'm giving her some Alpine 6x9's I had from a previous car.

Boston Acoustics SE50 5-1/4" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

Id say they are a definite improvement and they are very efficient. We took the Infinity speakers out of my cousins 300 and put in some older JL evolution coaxes and it was an improvement.

Id say they are a definite improvement and they are very efficient. We took the Infinity speakers out of my cousins 300 and put in some older JL evolution coaxes and it was an improvement.
Cool. The Alpine 6x9s aren't too shabby and should definitely help with the low-end situation. It'll be awhile if ever before she wants sub/amped highs. Need something inbetween.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.