Boston Pro 12.5 LF 4 Ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list

alkoholik
10+ year member

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advise on how big of a box should I make to get the best sound out of these subs. Most 12 subs recommend 1 cubic feet. But I liked to know some more from you audiophiles.

Will be using a HCCA 1200D pushing both of them.

I got the manual. I like to know from some people that have or had them in the past. Looking for the best encloser size for them?
So much for a thank you. FWIW, I've used this driver.

"Best" would depend on what you were looking for. You can begin by modeling the driver, then prorating the results per the nodes in your vehicle, and correlating it with your expectations. Let us know what you come up with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So much for a thank you. FWIW, I've used this driver.
"Best" would depend on what you were looking for. You can begin by modeling the driver, then prorating the results per the nodes in your vehicle, and correlating it with your expectations. Let us know what you come up with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Sorry FJF, Thanks for the replies though. Yeah, I didnt want to go through all those testing. I havent made a box for along time. My GF just wanted some subs in her car. Seems like the subs are not to their max potential yet. The amp is really flexing them, but they dont sound that loud. Do you think HCCA 1200 is enough for them though? Each sub is rated up to 1200 watts. I might pick up a XTR 2400 PRO. Scared it might just blow these beauties.

I might just go with a 2 cubic foot sealed encloser or 3(might pick up some HCCA in the future). Its in a 1 footer right now. BASS dont sound that deep.

Thanks for you replies FJF. Any replies about these subs and encloser type is greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.