Bought a head unit from a guy on here, but it came with no wiring harness

ls1pimp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJM
The head unit got here in like 2 days, and i noticed it had no wiring harness on it. SO i called him up and told him, and he told me he would overnight it to me. So then the next day i call him and he tells me he shipped it to me USPS, but not overnight, just priority. That was like 4 days ago or so, and i still haven't gotten the thing. He is only a 4-5 hour drive for me, so there is no way this should take more then 4 days to ship here. But, what trips me out is he won't give me the tracking number. For the head unit, he told me the number right away, but for this, I have literally been asking him for 3 days nonstop for hte number, but he is "never home" and says he will email it to me, but i have gotten no emails. Now it says his phone is temporarily disconected. I have no idea if he even shipped the thing, shipped it to the wrong house, or even has the wiring harness. A tracking number would clear alot of this up, but he doesn't seem to want to give me one for some reason. What should I do? I can't hook this thing up obviously without the wiring harness, and I can no longer get in contact with him because his phone says it is temporarily disconected.

(it is an eclipse head unit)

Well if it was shipped USPS, I think you have to pay extra to have a tracking number per se. I'd keep on trying to contact him. Hopefully he won't be shady and reply soon enough.

Well if it was shipped USPS, I think you have to pay extra to have a tracking number per se. I'd keep on trying to contact him. Hopefully he won't be shady and reply soon enough.
really? Well honestly, if that is the case, that would be fine. But he basically says he has a tracking number and it is at home, but never emails it to me or anything. Im gonna give him more then enough leighway, like another 3 days or so. If i have to go and buy a harness myself, can i file a payal dispute to get the money i spend on the harness refunded to me?

Yes most definitely. I assume he originally said that it came with the harness? If he did, then you can file a dispute saying that it was different than what was listed in the description, and explain the harness wasn't included when in fact he said it was. But yea I'd give it a couple days. I dealt with a guy for almost 2 months, finally got my **** though. People just get lazy after they have their money.

Yes most definitely. I assume he originally said that it came with the harness? If he did, then you can file a dispute saying that it was different than what was listed in the description, and explain the harness wasn't included when in fact he said it was. But yea I'd give it a couple days. I dealt with a guy for almost 2 months, finally got my **** though. People just get lazy after they have their money.
well i need the thing in the next week, becasue i have to drive back up to college then and i don't have any installers up there.

Not installing it yourself? Well all you can do is try and be patient, and continue to try and contact the seller.
i would try to install it myself, but its a bose system in my car, and i am going to have to splice the radio with the bose amp so the bose speakers still work, and i really don't want to mess around with that.

What kind of car is this?
acura MDX. The installer has also given me a really good quote for a full install, so id much rather get it done through them. It would barely even cost me any less to do it myself, with all the wires and bose adapter crap i need anyway since I have 2 amps.

With priority, USPS doesn't have tracking numbers.

Why?

Because it takes them like 4 days to process it. Priority ships anywhere in America in 2-3 days, no more, no less. So, by the time you get your package, they will just be processing the tracking number.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.