box builders?

Participant count
  • Participant list

martinezaudio06
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wyoming
im about to build a new box for my earthquake subzero subs. im goin with 35" wide,19" deep and 15" tall. I dont know how big i should build the vents for these

i was thinking 3" wide by 16" deep for the vent wall im just lookin for any help with the vent size and how to tune it. I want to tune it to around 30hz anyone who knows about box buildind please help? the subs are 12"

it doesn't really work that way....just say it'll be this big and just drop a port into it. you usually say i need it to be X amount of space and tuned to this number and my max space are A x B x C. then people can really help you out better.

well i know that but thats the biggest amount of space i can build it and i want it to pound. These subs dont sound good in a sealed enclosure the one they are in now is to small and i blew the seals out of it.It is a ported box i want to build a vented box

umm.. what does the manufacturer recomend for a ported enclosure for your driver? With a sealed box you can play with the size and get away with it as far as still sounding decent but with a ported enclosure it's A-LOT less forgiving! You need to find out what is recomended size & tune for your driver, not just build a box to fill the space you have or you could end up having a sub that sounds like crap! Remember if your into sound quality a bigger sealed enclosure might be the way to go but if you just want more db then find the right specs for the ported enclosure. Good Luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.