Box For 2 idmax v.3

if it was me I wwould go with ported. After a while with sealed it wont be as loud and you will want it louder. Plus if you are going to use that dirty amp go with ported anyways. 200 for a sealed is rather high. Go with ported.

Originally posted by Bias02496 get portholes and than your box and your speakers can breath
Uhhh....riiiiight... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Anyways....what amp are you going to be using? How much do you have for the box? What are you looking for, more SQ or more SPL? The IDMAX basically covers both of those in either box.

- Steve:)

um im gonnam be running a hifonics hercules amp....1500 watts pprolly more like 1600 watts at 14.4v..........so like 800 rms each.......im looking for good sq but i wanna be able to compete also in spl drags..... i wanna spend as little as possible on the box i can get a custom sealed for around 150...........but i can get a ported if it would be better how much space should i look for?

If you want to compete then go ported. I've seen common gains between 2-6db's, just switching from sealed to ported.

- Steve

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 but will the sound qulity bo ok if i go ported im gonna be driving it everyday
Yeah it should still sound pretty good. You can build two boxes. One decent sized sealed box for daily driving and one ported one for comps.

- Steve

hmm i just called car toys and this other sound place both said they could make custom sealed boxes for me for $200 car toys said they would make me a ported box for 275 and the other place said 300 for 3cuft.is this woth it i cannot build worth anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.