Box for 4 SA-8's

Participant count
  • Participant list
ok i want to buy 4 SA-8's to put in my dodge dakota extented cab, they will be run off a AQ2200

now im not very good at box designing so i wanted to confirm/ask opinions on this box

it will be 3.2 cubes (roughly .8 cubes per sub) with 2 4" aero's with a length of 14.35 inches each, that should make it tuned to 35hz.

does that box sound good? if not feel free to give advice on this box. Thanks!

what do you suggest i do for aeros then? im not really sure, i was just taking a stab in the dark on this one.

i forgot to add, this will be daily driven, id like to have it sound as good as possible on all types of music, from rap/hip hop to metal

I also hope you took into account the subs airspace along with ports, pretty big subs. should sound really good though with your airspace/tuning and proper port area.

yeah i took into account of sub displacement, i figured about .1 cube per sub, overall the box should be roughly 3.7 cubes before displacement.

you think i should do 4 4" aeros? wow that seems like alot. that would make the aero's 31.63 inches long though, thats far too long

well honestly im using this calc http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 so when i type in the enclosure volume i should be typing in the cubic feet after displacements correct?

ok so if i do a 3.2 cube box (after displacements) and use 4 4" aeros, the calc is telling me i need to make the aero's 31.63 inches long, and i just dont have the room for that and i would rather not have the ports outside the box. hmm im at a loss of what to do.

Aeros are tricky like that. To achieve anywhere close to daily/low tuning and maintain "proper" port area length is CRAZY.

PSP Flared Aeros help with the flares. Though still hard to judge. One 12-14 of port area via PSP Aero for ~ 2 liters of Displacement seems to work well for me so far.

i had the same problem, had to tune to 37hz, sometimes space can be a challenge. only fix would be passive radiators but unless money is not of limit, i'd say try a higher tuning.

hmm i may just go with a slot port design, seems simpler unless i can figure something out with these aeros
Have SD and Xmax on the SA-8's? Can't recall them.

SD (in CM^2) * XMAX (in CM) * 2 / 1000= Displacement in Liters.

1 4" Aero has 12.56 port area.

2 4" Aeros have 25.12 port area

3 3" Aeros have 21.195 port area.

Those would be your best bets depending on liters of displacement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.