box for two Kicker L7 15"s

herbykw
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have two Kicker 15" L7s in a sealed 5 cuft box. I want to port the box. I know the kicker site recommends 3-6cuft for a ported box per sub. Two subs would require 6cuft of space in a ported box. Since this is one cuft too small, could i make the ports bigger to compensate? I like the box that i have now, it fits perfectly in my trunk and looks great.

Does anyone else run two kicker 15"s? What size box and ports do you have?

Thank you.

They sound good sealed. But i know they can sound significantly better, either by playing with the setting on my amp more, or a different box, or better amp. Im not too worried about scores, but i dont want to completly ignore the idea. Sound quality is number one, but i want to hit a decent score if i have another opportunity.

I'm no artist, as you can tell. But this is the design i came up with that will fit in my trunk, and meet the specs for the subs. It comes to 6.6cuft. The subs will face up, directly into my trunk lid. The ports will face forward, along the bottom of the box with my amp bolted above them.

What do you think?

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

was that for one 15" L7 or Two? right now im running a sealed 5.5cft. But it is a wedge type shape and i can not add the ports. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif My trunk has a small opening but a lot of space inside. I know anything bigger then that will not fit.

I was surprised with the Crunch amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I haven't had a Hifonics, but i think they run at a higher RMS rating. I was told my amp runs at 1500RMS. I think it is a little less, but still good. Great bass. Their customer service ***** a$$. I was running two amps to one sub, each with a bass knob. Customer service told me i can use a RJ45 splitter to go down to one bass knob. It worked, for about 5 minutes, then sparks and smoke came pouring out of my amp. IT WAS ONLY 2 WEEKS OLD! I was pissed, i called them back and they just blew me off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

yeah im thinking of upgrading my hifonics amp to a crunch amp for more power and its cheaper too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you have a Hifonics amp stick with it. They are the higher end version of Crunch. I would like to upgrade my Crunch to a Hifonics Brutus with 2000 watt RMS. Just to get the most out of my subs.

I started making the box. Would have finished yesterday, but my last jigsaw blade broke when cutting the speaker holes. I was so close... it will be done today, shortly.

newbox.jpg

All Done. Had to take my license plate off to remove my trunk latch, also had to remove my trunk seal. The box fits, but had to put it in before putting the subs in the box. Will post pics of the subs later.

let me know what you think.

AMPnports.jpg

Sounds good. still need to play with my amp settings a little more. noticeably louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.