Budget 2.5k amp??

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
I don't have champagne taste on a beer budget..what I mean is there is a price break between junk maxxsonics 2.5k's and Rockford's t2500's. I want to be somewhere in the middle. Also what kind of amps would I need from a h/o alternator to maintain that wattage safely ?

I don't have champagne taste on a beer budget..what I mean is there is a price break between junk maxxsonics 2.5k's and Rockford's t2500's. I want to be somewhere in the middle. Also what kind of amps would I need from a h/o alternator to maintain that wattage safely ?
70YZF.jpg

Or this if you wanna try something new..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WZUKENG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00WZUX0VY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0S8CFDZE2MCYDD8WMQTV

51o0TH-diCL.jpg

or their bigger one

http://www.amazon.com/FSD-Audio-3800-Watt-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B00WZUX0VY

Thanks for the suggestions I've never heard of fsd..board looks stout ! Any reccomendations on amperage for 2500+/- watts?

definitely a No on the hybrids, even hifonics does better than those extremely underbuilt wannabe vfls.
compare these vs the amps recommended above... I wouldnt touch these two amps.

1j3rlx.jpg

VFL_4480_1D_gear.jpg
I believe reading elsewhere that you yourself said the hybirds blew your hifonics amp out of the water.... So when did you change your mind?

I believe reading elsewhere that you yourself said the hybirds blew your hifonics amp out of the water.... So when did you change your mind?
Yeah but it had to have the gains overly high which really was just severe clipping and it wasnt actually louder, i just backed off and laid low until I had an oscope access. Just was kinda brainwashed to feel like i finally had a nice amp after spending 350 on it... Had access to oscope set it up properly three weeks later and it barely made any noise with clean power. When i switched back, the hifonics was hitting way better with the signal still clean. Also the nutt hugger train would bear its fangs on me. Now i dont give a ****, i'll fking speak out against that. Its not just me, plenty of people on CACO and facebook groups have spoken out on how either you get a good amp or bad amp with these hybrids.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.