Cactus Sounds Subs?

Bettr n' Revrse
5,000+ posts

I do what I want
hey guys I was looking around and see these subs and took a liking to them... does anyone have any more info on them?

6295_1153163721947_1613282455_404693_500362_n.jpg

Seems they ship from switzerland or something...I looked at an MK2 a while ago only to find out that they've never even been built...accordingly you're looking at a pretty penny for shipping alone and there's only a few people with them in the US/Canada

Seems they ship from switzerland or something...I looked at an MK2 a while ago only to find out that they've never even been built...accordingly you're looking at a pretty penny for shipping alone and there's only a few people with them in the US/Canada
Sounds like just the kinda stuff I like! I want one of the green ones thou lol...

wont happen. i tried to get the subs and only one person i know of has cactus subs in the US. christoph (owner of cactus) wont send subs to the united states. and he flat out told me so. there dealer in the US is geoff, audioannymous (spelling?) and he told me the same thing. dsktim was a dealer also but i think he stopped dealing with cactus.

i had a horrible experience with cactus buying my last amp. i wont ever deal with them again.

If I was trying to get some over seas subs shipped to me in the US, Id be looking at GZ's over Cactus. What is it about these drivers that makes you want them, the color? As far as I know, Cactus is a well respected SPL sub manufacturer, but they are also pretty much standard overhung, large coiled subs not unlike other US based subs you could just buy here, and paint green.

If I was trying to get some over seas subs shipped to me in the US, Id be looking at GZ's over Cactus. What is it about these drivers that makes you want them, the color? As far as I know, Cactus is a well respected SPL sub manufacturer, but they are also pretty much standard overhung, large coiled subs not unlike other US based subs you could just buy here, and paint green.
I was thinking the same thing regarding GZ's. I saw a thread on them a few months back or so and they definitely caught my eye.

I was thinking the same thing regarding GZ's. I saw a thread on them a few months back or so and they definitely caught my eye.

Even GZ's aren't any new technology unavailable over here in the US. But they do make some impressively large drivers, and I still have some nostalgia over the old GZ Nukes when GZ USA still existed, so that's why I bothered mentioning them.

edit: I havent seen the ass of a cactus in a while, isn't that a DD basket?

Under the dealers listing, 2nd one down:

12 Voltz

8908 Clement Ave-Parkville, MD 21234, USA

Tel : (410) 878-2617

Maybe call and see what they have to say? I like to see it when people run subs that aren't very common.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the cactus subs have soft parts such as carbon cones which nobody in the US other then digital designs has. nobody. T3 hasnt brought theres out yet and they do not compare to the cactus subs. cactus also uses a higher grade coil such as the ones atomic uses in there subs which are ungodly strong.

cactus also only has one line of subs out anyways. the MK2 was discontinued because he "didnt like the results" so only the MK1 is being made right now.

and the carbon composite cones they use are hand made by a gentlemen in germany IIRC. i priced them seperate and they were $400 per cone when i tried to find some for my subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.