Calling B.S. on all these HO alternators

I know despite your seemingly childish act you put on here in the forums (lol) that you are really a **** genius...
who me? nevar!

What alt are you using to make the chick's hair do what it's doing in your ava?
It's a HO Alternators 220 amp....but I don't even use it for current really, just the adjustable voltage is what comes in handy. Im sure its probably putting out 110 amps on a good day at idle...if that.

Dual Alts koopa?? You'll shoot your eye out kid. I placed a call maybe 15 minutes or so before you did. If the alt does the business, I won't mind eating ramen and being a conference room scavenger for the next couple of weeks.
i got my dual alt kit with HO alt on Friday (overnight shipping FTW ) i ordered a triple alt kit today , i think all of DOA runs DC alts now.... i think not sure about jake

i got my dual alt kit with HO alt on Friday (overnight shipping FTW ) i ordered a triple alt kit today , i think all of DOA runs DC alts now.... i think not sure about jake
I just want to hang with the big boys is all. I'm going to try and lay all of the ground work in the next couple of weeks for both cars. The alt should be here this week. Hopefully it is a better fit than the lat one I tried. The DC claims a better idle output as well.

I don't see how Rob is the only guy defending his own car audio HO alts and no other company is here. I guess Rob can back his stuff up.
I will be getting the new 230 amp HO alt from Rob soon. I can get with snoopdan for him to test it as well so there will be an outside test for everyone to see the truth.

Rob, I haven't heard from you in a while. This is Phi.
I was thinking there would be other companies commenting as well. I saw a few "Mechman" posts, but nothing informative.

I'm assuming its like comparing a 9 second car to a 13 second car. Just my guess.

I guess Rob don't like me now he never responded to my PM. If he builds the alts for my comp vehicle I'll plaster his brand all over it...

Rob is a super busy man, that is the first thing I learned about him, only alts I will run from here on out though, he hooked me up with a big 315 amp for my 4runner, and its a drop in which is my favorite part. Just give him some time Chris Im sure he will get back to you.

I guess Rob don't like me now he never responded to my PM. If he builds the alts for my comp vehicle I'll plaster his brand all over it...

Sorry, just been hammered, hammered busy.... Stupid utility company is redoing the cable lines and our internet has been spotty the last couple days so I havent been on here much.. If anyone needs to get ahold of me quickly, please call.. 888-441-0144

Sorry, just been hammered, hammered busy.... Stupid utility company is redoing the cable lines and our internet has been spotty the last couple days so I havent been on here much.. If anyone needs to get ahold of me quickly, please call.. 888-441-0144
Called you about the Chrysler alt yesterday evening. Thanks again for all of your help.

No problem Rob. I am really busy too so I understand, I can barely get past all the stuff on my bench to use the computer keyboard....

See this thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426271
But come back here and post because this belongs in this section not the other.

I am not claiming to be smartest person on earth or know everything about alternators but since I am here a lot and try to help people out with their amplifier current supply woes, someone who is authoritative on this topic please help me understand why I shouldn't call BS on all these alternators out there that people are beefing up and claiming outrageous amounts of current from them when they are half the size of the alternators that I know of that actually WILL produce those kind of numbers, such as double stator 250 amp leece nevilles, and lexidynes etc... How can you get those numbers out of a CS alt or a GM large case HO alt and still be able to sell them for under $1000. I just don't get it and I call BS on all these claims, especially the claims like 175 amps at idle... LOL... prove it.

I had a leece in my van years ago and it rocked. It was huge and did 90% power at idle. I also do not believe any of the goofy claims that they make and the alternator guy I know thinks its funny too. He can make a nice 200 amp out of a large case gm but no bigger than that.

If mechman has a custom case I can see a bigger better custom stator going in it but if I ever needed a big one again leece it is it is worth the 1k with out a doubt. MGeletrical FTW. DBeletrical FTL.

White Mike runs a Mechman.

So for the triple alt kit, you lose your AC? If you do just think how useful it was at the Alsip show.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.