can a type r 12 handle 1000watts daily?

Ive seen it done before but it also depends on how the user/owner/listener plays his music daily. I mean if he listens to it at decent everyday levels and not trying to win a DB drag in stop and go traffic then i think they will last.

Yes, assuming you don't play full tilt for extended periods of time. I run almost double that to mine, but I'm not exactly your average user and I only go all out for competitions or short demos. The funny part is mechanically they could take more...but with that 2" coil you're limited on thermal power handling.

For the average user, I would say around 750 each is probably ideal for long term reliability and good performance.

Ok What About 2 Type R's And A Pa 3000db Sorry To Thread Jack Free Bump 4 U
I built a box for a kid with 2 r 12's and this amp. Subs lasted and are still going good, but the amp blew after a few months.

hay how would you guys rate your type r up against an L5 i have 2 L5 12's and i was thinking of getting some type R's will the R hit as hard as the L5 i want to gain some SQ but i dont want to loose any spl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.