can DCONs get decently loud?

jsluss17
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
thinking about replacing my sa-12 with two DCON 10's. lets say i put them in a ported box ~1.9 cubic feet after displacement and threw 1000 watts at them. would they be able to get loudish and low? also would they be able to take that power? i'd be careful with the gain of course

1.9 for both of them?

SSA recommends 1.25 each for optimum...seems like a really small box for them. Depending on the box for your SA 12, it may be louder than the 2 dcon 10s.

yeah it's between 2 10 inch dcons, 2 sa8 v2s, or 1 12 inch icon. the 1.9 would be for both subs combined and whatever i choose to get would be run off the dx1000.1. any other recommendations? i kind of would like to have 2 subs as i've always only had one. the sa-12 i have right now is in a 1.58 cubic foot box after displacement tuned to 33 hz.

yeah it's between 2 10 inch dcons, 2 sa8 v2s, or 1 12 inch icon. the 1.9 would be for both subs combined and whatever i choose to get would be run off the dx1000.1. any other recommendations? i kind of would like to have 2 subs as i've always only had one. the sa-12 i have right now is in a 1.58 cubic foot box after displacement tuned to 33 hz.
I would do the 8's in that box...

I would do the 8's in that box...
would the dcons really be that bad in a smaller box? i was hoping the extra power would kind of make up for it since i'm not really on a budget but would rather spend less than more. unless i can find some v2's for a good price
put the pair of 8's in 1.6 net tuned to 32-34 with 25-30 inches of port' date=' they should do pretty well.
also what vehicle is it in.[/quote'] it's in a 2003 mustang so the trunks pretty **** small

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.