Can i connect these?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Lol thanks for respondin. Yea i thought about it before I connected it and im like alright I see it the same way as jumper cables work. If a battery is low and u jumper cable it to a higher voltage battery, itll just equalize it and it wont cause a dangerous high current. My worry was that one of my fuses would blow and I would have to end up gettin the back battery charged somewhere to match my front battery.

Another question though, is that always safe to do, if the batteries are the same brand, and the voltages are drastically different? I dont mean like a 12v battery and a 6V battery but like two 12V batteries with big dif voltages

well if a 12v battery is resting at 11v or something, its a bad battery and shouldnt be used. i would say, leave it on the charger over night and see what it sits at over the next day. its always a good idea to charge the batteries before putting them into the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.