Can I fit an 18 in my trunk?

nicker10
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Indiana
I have a 2003 dodge neon and I currently have 2 12" Fi 12's...and I am really wanting one big sub..I was thinking about 1 18" Sundown Nightshade but I am really doubting that it would fit into my trunk..So do any of you think it is possible to fit a box in my trunk for 1 18"?

Darn, I was wanting something that would be removeable with 2 people..hmm..if i got a 15 it would probably be a DC Level 5...but I dunno if it would be as loud as i am looking for

i dont think the 18 will get louder in the trunk of a neon. you dont have much space to begin with. cramming a sub in there might not be such a good idea. i think the two 12's will do better

i dont think the 18 will get louder in the trunk of a neon. you dont have much space to begin with. cramming a sub in there might not be such a good idea. i think the two 12's will do better
do two beefier twelves and youll get better results

i think your going to have an airspace issure more than the fact of fitting the sub in there. 2 12s is probably best bet for that car. try louder 12s maybe?

2 12's needs a box slightly smaller than a 18, a 18 has slightly more cone area, so i would say yes you could fit it, are the 2 12s in the proper size box now? Is the box using every inch of space in your trunk? got pics?

If I could I would get rid of the Q's for a set of BTLS..I just bought a Sundown 3000 but I need to get my electrical upgraded before I move on to other things I suppose

The box I currently have could not really get longer from left to right without running into my wheel wells...it could get taller though..ill try to get pics on here soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.