can i tune low

1rockford1
5,000+ posts

Banned
any one do a single 15 or 12 or even a 10 inch box for a audioque sub. i was thinking of 35 hz for a 15inch hdc3 but i might go with a smaller box

22"W x 17.5"H x 19.5"D around 3 cubic feet or so it will b tune to 32 . keep in mind the sub will b at 2 ohms and only see 800rms. i want to have a bigger box to make up for the lack of power but this is what will fit in my car.

If you only have 3 cubic feet, I'd go with a 12.
i have a box that is 2 cubic feet tune to 32 hz. but i wana go with a hdc15 i can get a nice deal on it. im nervous of the tunning , i had a sd2.5 15inch tune to 34.9 it was big ass box millertime on here built for me. i wana try another 15, dont get me wrong i been lookin to use my sub box but i dont wana run a single 12inch sub stage.

I have a single treo 15 at 30hz and my box is not very big at all compared to other 15in ported boxes...supergumby5000 did the plans for me

I have a single treo 15 at 30hz and my box is not very big at all compared to other 15in ported boxes...supergumby5000 did the plans for me
well i know audioque subs like higher tunning im trying to find out if at 32hz will it work with me only sending a hdc3 15 800 where it could take 1500-2000. for the most part when you have less power you build a bigger box. im thinking if the sub drops to low it would b bad. i could set the subsonic on the higer side to help.

for the most part when you have less power you build a bigger box
this is usually true..im sending my sub well over its RMS, so the small box is helping me

setting the subsonic higher would defeat the purpose of tuning low. unless I misunderstood what u meant by that?

Don't tune a hdc that low anyways. Everyone and their mother (including the manufacturer) recommends tuning in the 37/38 range. And Buck is correct, with that much space, do a single 12. I had my HDC15 in 4.5 and it was perfect (the box was much larger than your dimensions, something like 40x18x16. A single 12 will get plenty loud

i wouldn't run a 15 in 3 cubes, especially Audio Que. They want like 4 cubes and it'd suffocate. Look into 8's or 10's if you don't just wanna run a single 12 in that space.

this is usually true..im sending my sub well over its RMS, so the small box is helping me
setting the subsonic higher would defeat the purpose of tuning low. unless I misunderstood what u meant by that?
i wana make sure the sub does not play to low, if the subs calles for lets say 36 hz im at 32 i set the subsonic at 35 and hope the low notes dont come threw. i know a few notes that are 28hz-35hz would b bad if i tune to low for the sub. i just wana kinda see if any one thinks i can get around tunning low. i sent dj a email but u know he will say 3 cubic feet or bigger at 35 is the best for daily.

i have a box that is 2 cubic feet tune to 32 hz. but i wana go with a hdc15 i can get a nice deal on it. im nervous of the tunning , i had a sd2.5 15inch tune to 34.9 it was big ass box millertime on here built for me. i wana try another 15, dont get me wrong i been lookin to use my sub box but i dont wana run a single 12inch sub stage.
He is right, you can do a lot with a single 12. I've got the DD big brother of the SDC and I did a 138 on music, with the car off, in my Trailblazer yesterday. Top score of the show was a 147.3 with 4 Type X's so I considered mine to be pretty good.

i wouldn't run a 15 in 3 cubes, especially Audio Que. They want like 4 cubes and it'd suffocate. Look into 8's or 10's if you don't just wanna run a single 12 in that space.
i have had a 15inch 2.5 , 15inch ssd, a 15inch jbl 15, 3 12s . 1 single 12. i dont wana do 8s and i wana do one 15, so 3.2 cubic feet at 32Hz with my subsonic at 35 would b a no go?

i have a 15inch 2.5 , 15inch ssd, 3 12s . 1 single 12. i dont wana do 8s and i wana do one 15, so 3.2 cubic feet at 32Hz with my subsonic at 35 would b a no go?
No go. Is this going in a truck and that's the limit of space? You'd be amazed what 8's can do. A guy was doing 143's with two 1508's in a Trailblazer.

No go. Is this going in a truck and that's the limit of space? You'd be amazed what 8's can do. A guy was doing 143's with two 1508's in a Trailblazer.
its in my tiburon i can do more but im tryin to make the hdce 15 work. im gona buy it used for a good deal and im gona try to save some space in my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.