Can Scratchy speakers blow your Amp??

benzino713

Texas
I recently reconed one of my speakers, but one of my speakers slightly scratches. Only at low volume with music on you hear it scratch, but at Moderate or High Volume you dont hear No scratching at all.

I was told that Scratchy speakers can blow my amp. Is that true?? Reply asap. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scratchy usually means either the coil is misaligned in the gap, or there is something else in the gap besides the coil. Can it hurt your amp? It depends on the protection circutry built into it. I guess it could possibly do damage if the coil were to short out in the gap, and the amp didn't go into protection. On the flip side, you won't have to worry long if it's scratching already. The speaker isn't going to last very long:)

Scratchy usually means either the coil is misaligned in the gap, or there is something else in the gap besides the coil. Can it hurt your amp? It depends on the protection circutry built into it. I guess it could possibly do damage if the coil were to short out in the gap, and the amp didn't go into protection. On the flip side, you won't have to worry long if it's scratching already. The speaker isn't going to last very long:)
pretty much said it all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.