Can some of you guys Please give me some advice/knowledge?

Participant count
  • Participant list

redeye0315
10+ year member

So I'm working on my audio setup in my civic and I want to keep my stock Nav and integrate a

jl 400/4 with some comps and rear fill. My guy that does my installs says i need a digital sound processor. I currently have another mono amp thats already installed for my subs using a LOC. Can someone tell me why I need a dsp, wat a dsp will do, and if there are any other options besides shelling out big bucks for a dsp. What is wrong with just using an EQ or an loc for my highs amp? Thank you. I would really not like to pay over 200 bucks preferably less. Any suggestions?

I was told that it will sound like crap without the dsp, basically that it will sound like just an amplified version of my stock speakers since its getting the same crappy signal.

Audio Control has some OEM interface products.

You can just get a 4 channel LOC (I recommend this one:N-RHL4 a 4 Channel, 50 Watt per channel , Line Output Converter - $39.95 ) and then use an RCA "preouts" on the JL to feed the sub amp (front channel preferrably).

t670_x3_eb6c799d23e2540b46bfc5bd149b655a.jpg

and if you get both Metra harnesses (70- and 71- ) you can intercept the factory wiring behind the HU without cutting. you would do this for the LOC inputs and the amp outputs (for fronts) if you don't want to run all new wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.