Can this custom enclosure be repaired?

the item was under-insured, it is very important that the resolution is as fair as possible to me and the seller.
Don't be a doormat here, bro. Seller dropped the ball not packing adequately, likely used UPS (since they always destroy things) AND tried to cheap out by not insuring for full value. You did NOT pay for a broken box or a box that required you to invest hours of your life trying to figure out how to fix. IMO he should refund you 100% of what you paid, or find someone in your area that will fix it for you and pay for the repair. If he wants it back he should pay return freight (and make sure he pays enough to do it right on the return trip so it doesn't get destroyed more). It's sad, but we all have to learn about proper shipping some time.

Pursue a full refund. You didn't get what you paid for, doesn't matter what he insured it for. He'll be able to file a claim for the insurance so he can get some of his money back but that is his problem, not yours.

It definitely is the sellers responsibility to pack and ship the item properly so it arrives intact and fully functional. If the package was obviously damaged by the shipping company, that is one thing. However, the box wasn't torn to shreds, so the item was damaged by poor packaging.

Even if the sub was NOT removed from the enclosure, it should not have broken the enclosure. Going over a large pothole or major bump would do about as much jolting as most shipping. I ship a lot of electronics (some VERY heavy), coast to coast, and have never had a problem....in over 12 years of shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.