Cannot figure out why my door speaker will not work..

Participant count
  • Participant list

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
All of my tweeters work fine but for some reason my left front door speaker will not work, and my right back door speaker will not also.

I have looked through the connections behind the headunit for a very long time, nothing comes up.

I was working towards connecting the speakers to an amp, but when I was looking for which wires go to which, I only found the tweeter wires in the headunit wire harness, I cannot seem to find the ones that go to the door speakers.

What could I have done wrong? & can anybody possibly help? I know its difficult explaining all of this if you aren't there to see it.

Are these speakers powered by an amp or by the head unit? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

headunit. (also figured out the amp was done for)
yesterday wasn't a good day for car audio..

Well there in lies the problem. Head units only have four powered channels at most ( hence your two tweeters, and the other two speakers working) . Are these factory speakers? Your going to run into problems if they are. You will need some sort of inline crossovers for the tweeters. Connect rear channels from head unit to rear speakers. Front channels to crossovers, then connect the front mids and tweets to the crossovers. Or remove just don't connect the tweeters , and only connect the fronts and rears to the head unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They are aftermarket, Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75-Inch D-Series to be exact. But as I said before the only wires I realized I had messed with are the ones for the tweeters. So I have no idea where I messed up the mids in the process.

I can post pics later after work if that would help whatsoever, I just want to get my door speakers working. Last night was extremely tiring and full of broken dreams, haha.

Pictures would help tremendously. I'm having trouble figuring out what's going where lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.