Car wont start but lights and radio work!

i need some help me and my brother were in my car listening to the radio full blast. and it was about 90 degrees outside so we turned the air on. and it was about a hour and 30 minutes before we realized we still had the car/air on so i turned it of quickly and tried to start the car but it wont start. the radio and lights still work ect but it will not start. i heard somewhere if you jump the car turn the engine on and let it recharge from another car it will work again is this true or do i just need to get another battery?

just jump start it and don't be dumb next time.

The starter pulls a lot more juice than the radio and lights, hence why those work and he starter doesn't

yea youll need to jump it no doubt, but to add to what people are saying on here, if your battery was drained enough then there is a chance it wont hold a charge well. in other words, if you make a bunch of short trips (store, gas station, etc) in a row, your battery will die. recommend a new battery asap. dont do something like that again.

I let my battery die completely then let it stay outside in the 30 below weather and freeze. I thawed the battery then charged it and have used it for 2 years since.

There is something to be said about interstate batteries.

just jump start the car. with it off, hook up the jumper cables let sit with other car on for a few minutes, start it up and let it run for a bit to recharge it.

You shouldn't need a battery just don't let it keep happening.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.