China buildhouse sub pics

i like the audiomonle mass as well as the acoustic elegance drivers
Yep, both of those drivers are so snappy due to the low mass and low inductance. Also, a bit less travel than some of these other drivers we're referring to. But mostly they have great motor force and sensitivity coupled with that low mass. The acceleration on those drivers is awesome. The SPL abuse potential is not.
The MASS in particular can end up being bottom heavy, or it can be incredibly snappy, but that all comes down to power and overall application by the end user. It's a great example really for what I'm trying to convey. It's just exacerbated by these LMS, or otherwise low sensitivity high stroke linearity type drivers. You get what I'm saying.

Yep, both of those drivers are so snappy due to the low mass and low inductance. Also, a bit less travel than some of these other drivers we're referring to. But mostly they have great motor force and sensitivity coupled with that low mass. The acceleration on those drivers is awesome. The SPL abuse potential is not.
The MASS in particular can end up being bottom heavy, or it can be incredibly snappy, but that all comes down to power and overall application by the end user. It's a great example really for what I'm trying to convey. It's just exacerbated by these LMS, or otherwise low sensitivity high stroke linearity type drivers. You get what I'm saying.
I smell you..

Or, you have a killer front stage with gobs of low bass potential. I like this approach. I usually cross very low to the sub.
depending on a lot of variables I've heard subs crossed @ 80 sound great with good mid-bass that was as loud. it wasn't exactly an SQ install but sounded great none the less.. the bass was about center cabin and the rest sounded front center as supposed to. fact is car audio mid-ranges and a lot of installs are poor on the mid-bass region. with a good 3 way and about 200 per mid-bass you can get a decent response down to 60 but that's sub territory for a mid-bass IMO ive had a lot of luck crossing my mids typically around 70-80 and sub around 60-65. as I choose a "certain style" of drivers.

my nest setup is going to be a pair of 8" midbass ported and some ribbon tweeters.. that should do the trick..

depending on a lot of variables I've heard subs crossed @ 80 sound great with good mid-bass that was as loud. it wasn't exactly an SQ install but sounded great none the less.. the bass was about center cabin and the rest sounded front center as supposed to. fact is car audio mid-ranges and a lot of installs are poor on the mid-bass region. with a good 3 way and about 200 per mid-bass you can get a decent response down to 60 but that's sub territory for a mid-bass IMO ive had a lot of luck crossing my mids typically around 70-80 and sub around 60-65. as I choose a "certain style" of drivers.
my nest setup is going to be a pair of 8" midbass ported and some ribbon tweeters.. that should do the trick..
Agreed on most of that. Definitely a big difference between fun and accurate, but both can sound great.
I do try to stay away from allowing anything above 60Hz into the subs because there is still so much male vocal energy there. It causes things to sound larger than life-size. But that brings us back to the fun vs accurate thing. I am guilty of allowing the sub to play up to 80Hz now and then simply for the added crispness to the leading edge transients of bass notes. Consequently, this is where you can hear a night and day difference between LMS drivers and others due to the relatively lower BL. They just don't have the same impact or slam. But they are not built for that. They are built to tell the truth about the signal.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Agreed on most of that. Definitely a big difference between fun and accurate, but both can sound great.
I do try to stay away from allowing anything above 60Hz into the subs because there is still so much male vocal energy there. It causes things to sound larger than life-size. But that brings us back to the fun vs accurate thing. I am guilty of allowing the sub to play up to 80Hz now and then simply for the added crispness to the leading edge transients of bass notes. Consequently, this is where you can hear a night and day difference between LMS drivers and others due to the relatively lower BL. They just don't have the same impact or slam. But they are not built for that. They are built to tell the truth about the signal.

Anyway, I'm rambling.
i think thats the biggest thing in my builds. the great compromise. to a lot of the masses my setups weren't he loudest or got the lowest but it was for me finding that perfect balance between wide bandwidth good efficiency and low distortion.

once i proved 1 15 could beat 4 15s properly setup i found the above to be the ultimate goal.. here i am 6 years later building woofers to do that.It has taken me a while because of the limited resources but now i think i have the perfect driver for those who want just that. they aren't lowed monsters, or SPL champions but they do everything good. sound great get loud and can play a wide range of music.

hopefully i can find people that desire the same and love the drivers. that is what i love. natural sounding, good efficiency and able to do will in alot of alignments.

it does average sealed. its not too damped on the lewend. still warm and natural. it does good in you typical 4 cubed tuned to 35 alignments that work so well in alot of cars. it can get low and loud as hell with 4.5 tuned to 28.. but the thing i was kind of shooting for was the alignment where i could get that low distortion low delay flat FR to really get the added benefits of you typical 4th vent and 6th order bandpass alignments to not only be loud but sound great and let the listener remember loud is cool but loud and low distortion it that much more enjoyable to listen to..

once you hear them, you will be abducted into a new realm.. hehe

ok now I'm just taking mad **** but it was fun.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.