choosing a quality SQ sub

yellowtrash
10+ year member

hey, new guy here:

i need to round out my 1/2 finished system w/ subs and a box... i was hoping the members of this forum could help me choose the right sub. i have an acura rsx couple/hatchback and i'm all about SQ. i listen to everything- a lot of studio recorded bands w/ live instruments and i also like to bang that hip-hop... so i'm looking for a versatile sub.

i want the best sub i can get my hands on, but i'm not into blowing more than 700 for a pair. so at this stage, i'm stuck between a single 12"idmax d-2 or 2 x JL 10w6v2's. i know most of you guys aren't so hot on the JL's these days, but i can get the pair at $460 out-the-door, so the price is kind of attractive. the amp i'm planning to use is a new orion xtr 1400 that's been sitting around for years in a closet. it's a 2-channel, 4 ohm amp that runs 1400 watts bridged or 350x2 RMS.

oh, fyi, the rest of my setup is a set of MB Quart QSD components, the midbass add-on's, run by an old school PPI powerclass 4 ch amp.

so please throw out some suggestions of SQ subs you have personal experience with. thanks in advance

how about 2 x 10" idmax v3's d-2's for $550 out the door?

dah, whatever... that's the deal i'm getting. going to pick it up now... if there's a better speaker out there for my budget i'll flip the idmax's on ebay

if you want an allout READ SQ sub...... Aura??? its my dream //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the w6 or the idmax is a good choice for sure.

if space is not an issue, you could get a pair of idq15's or 12's for around the same price and you would make up the spl difference in cone area.

and the IDQv310's are out too. maybe call ID and see what they have to say about those. not sure on the price tho.

IDQ10v3-1.jpg

IDQ10v3.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.