Choosing some 5x7 / 6x8 speeakers...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tungsten
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
First and foremost, belay the order to suggest a 5.25" or 6.5" speaker with an adapter plate. That is not an option for this particular vehicle.

Speakers to choose from:

1. Infinity Kappa 572.5CF

2. Alpine SPR-574A

3. JL Audio TR570-CXi

4. JL AUdio XL570-CXi

Which would you go with and why?

Originally posted by Tungsten First and foremost, belay the order to suggest a 5.25" or 6.5" speaker with an adapter plate. That is not an option for this particular vehicle.

Speakers to choose from:

1. Infinity Kappa 572.5CF

2. Alpine SPR-574A

3. JL Audio TR570-CXi

4. JL AUdio XL570-CXi

Which would you go with and why?
I would go with the JL XRs(i assume you meant XRs)..why??? because I have owned them and they sounded excellent. They impressed a few people who have a much better ear than I have as well(musicians, 1 of whom does some recording work for a local college). I had them running off about 120 watts per side. I have not heard the infinities or alpines. I did have the TRs for a week while waiting for my XRs to arrive. The TRs are a good sounding speaker, but there is a night and day difference between them and the higher end XRs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.