Clarion VRX935 vs. Kenwood KVT715

ATLExplosion
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know I'm beating a dead horse asking about these two units. But I just need some final opinions before I go out and drop a G //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif on a TV. So please, just let me know which one you would recommend. One word replies are fine. Thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I have the older model of the VRX935VD and I absolutely love it! I have not seen any Kenwood models in person but I'm telling you, the picture and features of my unit are second to none. The picture is amazing, even more clear than the $2300.00 53" widescreen TV in my living room. I say go for the cheaper and buy a TV tuner add-on.

Have u seen the motor mechanism of kenwood? If you have not, then go see it first in person.

I know I'm beating a dead horse asking about these two units. But I just need some final opinions before I go out and drop a G //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif on a TV. So please, just let me know which one you would recommend. One word replies are fine. Thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
I don't like one word replies.... I find people are to quick to just spout something off with no factual reasons and I like to argue or decide based on facts not someone spouts... Just My Humble Opinion though....

So heres my reply...

Get a Sony....

OK J/p j/p.....

I'm like you, I am considering buying one of these in the next few months and not sure which one I really want as I really like both Kenwood and Clarion Headunts...

They are both really close on everything excpt the few I listed below...

• Watts, Kenwood has 22 Watts, Clarion has 18
    Pre-Out Voltage, Kenwood has 5 volts, Clarion has 2
  • Parts and Labor Warrenty, Clarion has 2 year P&L, Kenwood has 1
  • RDS, Kenwood has it, Clarion doesn't
  • 3Sec Shock protection, Kenwod has it, Clarion doesn't
  • WMA Playback Kenwood supports it, Clarion doesn't

• I think the Kenwood controls the Music Keg natively, Clarion doesn't
  • Clarion has Native IPOD support, Kenwood doesn't
I'm kinda leaning towards the Kenwood on Features, but the Clarion on looks...

I don't think you could go wrong on either...

One last thing I like about the Clarion, it doesn't have one of those Brain boxes that either goes in the truck, beind the dash or under seat; its a 1 peice deal...

I think the Kenwood has a seperate brainbox... My current kenwood does...

Let me know what you decide and why....

edit* Not sure if it'll work, but here is a compareson on Crutchfield's site...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tMqLhEDMNGU/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=168550&c=17&s=0&cc=01&pt2=0&ITM020VRX755=on&ITM113715DVD=on&x=22&y=2

I would not recommend kenwood. Kenwood is more brittle because of their motor moving mechanism. When the screen slides out, it slides out in a long distance, and the way they move dun even look pretty, it looks like the screen is falling out (literally!).

Many people has been complaining about their screen stuck halfway. The volume button is pain to use since its too small, and loading a cd is also a pain since the monitor comes out too far, and gets in the way.

Well I have the Kenwood and have no problems with it. I even bought mine used. Looks, I would give to the clarion probably, but thats just personal preference. The screen is awesome and the unit plays virtually EVERYTHING. Touch panel works great. I didn't know the clarion didn't have a separate box but I like having one. Never have to run anything all the way up to the HU anymore, so it makes connecting accessories much simpler. I don't have any experience with the clarion though, so I'm just telling you how much I love the kenwood.

i have the kvt-815 and really enjoy it. the monitor does slide out pretty far when opening and closing, but i dont find the mechanism flimsy or brittle or anything. i do worry that i'll have a passenger bump it or my backpack will catch on it but as long as your are aware of it during the few seconds it takes to open and close i dont think its an issue.

its meant to come out that weird way so people with unusual dashes can use a monitor since the slide is adjustable in monitor angle and how far it sticks from the dash. the screen is great, the navigation is cool, the only thing that ***** are the background images and lack of a visualizer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have a pioneer p6500dvd. It is the touchscreen model. I got mine for 700 on ebay and I love it. The picture is amazing and all the features are great. Great EQ control. I like how they have the "joystick" control. 5 volt preouts too.

Back to the thread, I have seen a Kenwood, not sure of the model, its touchscreen and DVD. My friend bought it for like 2 grand or something about 2 years ago, so must be the model of that year. I has nice background effects but the picture wasnt that good. Plus I have heard alot about the motors breaking on the kenwoods.

I have the Clarion and I LOVE IT. IT DOES have a separate box for hook up (in case you were wondering) and is very sleek and eye-catching (or maybe it's just me drawing all of the whistles) ANYWHO, I have not seen the Kenwood but I've ONLY had Clarion HU's in my life and have LOVED every single one of them!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.