Clrarion crossover any good>???

Participant count
  • Participant list
Need to know what you're after, a bit of flexibility or a lot? A little, the clarion eqs746 would be great, a lot then I'd look elsewhere. What is it you drive?

Unless you get a more expensive eq, getting something like what I suggested will do you no good as the built in 8 band eq would be better.

Well, to think about it, the eq746 is a parametric eq so it couldn't hurt. I'm not 100% certain but would gander that the eq built into the HU is graphic. IDK though as my Eclipse AVN6620's eq is Parametric.

Then there's the space issue. Where would you put one, or where would you be willing to put one??????

:ponder:I WANT TO BUY IT SO **** BAD THOUGH I WAS GOING TO LAST NIGHT, AND AS FAR AS THE SPACE I WOULD PROBABLY PUT IN ON THE BOTTOM OF MY SEAT MOST LIKELY, OR UNDERNEATH THE DASH IDK SO MANY PLACES THOUGH JUST HAVE TO GET CREATIVE BRO

Bro u won't be disappointed! Im running that clarion eq and it works really well. I got a little creative with it and hid it in my center console. Good luck!

**** foreals now im really excited now into buying it for sure!! thanks for the comment..

Bro u won't be disappointed! Im running that clarion eq and it works really well. I got a little creative with it and hid it in my center console. Good luck!

The processing in your garden variety headunit, including 2DIN, is mediocre at best. At least I've never been satisfied with EQ, x-over, and time alignment in HU's. I've run various high end Alpine & Eclipse units and was never impressed (the Eclipse processing was absolute garbage).

As far as a Clarion EQ...can you EQ the left and right channels independently and is it also a line driver? Those two features make a difference. As far as sound quality, I don't have any experience as I've always used an Audio Control product (EQL or 2 EQTs) of some sort.

yes i mean im very satisfied with the way my double din sounds but im just trying to get to the best sound clarity i can get. and yes the eq has independent eq levels and you threw me off on the line driver part.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.