Cold Weather VS. Amplifiers

it shouldnt be bad. isnt there less resistance with the cold anyways? plus the alternator may run more efficiently. i cant imagine it being terrible for the amplifier but maybe for the sub if you crank it too soon
My voltage seems higher now. 14.4-7 all the time.

heres how my equipment acted at -10 this year.

Avic d-3 = a little whited out for about 1 minutes.

Ipod = takes extreamly long to load or wont load. lol it fails.

Sub = sounds tighter for a few minutes, becouse the cold does constrict materials.

Amp = plays louder, the colder weather causes the alt to charge high until the car gets to temp.

3rd year bumping in the winter and i've never lost anything from the cold, if anything the amp puts out more and the sub can play louder for longer.

yea well i normally dont blast it too loud in the mornins cuz people sleepin still you know, but after they warm up a bit there fine and lately its been around 15-20 degrees F in my parts but yea it still does good . also this mornin when i went outside an cranked the car up to let it warm up i had the cd in but had it on pause and i could here a little engine noise but i reckon thats from the cold the volume was only at like 5 or 10, didnt hear again i guess i will in the mornin lol

the USB on my HU froze up last night? It was weird.

Also iPod never works if i leave it in the car.

Sub sounds tight until it warms up

heres how my equipment acted at -10 this year.
Avic d-3 = a little whited out for about 1 minutes.

Ipod = takes extreamly long to load or wont load. lol it fails.

Sub = sounds tighter for a few minutes, becouse the cold does constrict materials.

Amp = plays louder, the colder weather causes the alt to charge high until the car gets to temp.

3rd year bumping in the winter and i've never lost anything from the cold, if anything the amp puts out more and the sub can play louder for longer.

Double for me!

yea well i normally dont blast it too loud in the mornins cuz people sleepin still you know, but after they warm up a bit there fine and lately its been around 15-20 degrees F in my parts but yea it still does good . also this mornin when i went outside an cranked the car up to let it warm up i had the cd in but had it on pause and i could here a little engine noise but i reckon thats from the cold the volume was only at like 5 or 10, didnt hear again i guess i will in the mornin lol
Thats the best time to bump!

If it doesn't have moving parts (amplifiers), cold weather is only going to benefit its performance by keeping it cooler. Some supercomputers are run at temperatures approaching absolute zero during speed testing.

LCD's on head units can become sluggish, and suspensions on subs can become stiffer than normal. Don't leave your hard-drive based mp3 players in the cold. They can fail prematurely.

I live in Toronto and usually warm my car up first with remote start. I have noticed however if its really cold the sub sounds a bit tight but it goes away. I leave my Ipod in the dash and its always cold as **** if I need it lol, but works fine on the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.