competition worthy???

Bro I clear just a tad over 20k a year and I have a wife to support and a baby on the way. I am tapped out you give me loan?? Got just enough to finish my current project. Been going on 8-12months just to get what I have now together.
trust me bro i know exactly what you mean bro. except i live in cali ha ha. and 2 kids bruh. im trying to get my rebuild money together ha ha and thats taking forever.

I would do 2 12s. Sub up port up on atleast 3K. In a extended cab it should be low 140s on music. But I would suggest on getting a better alt then the one you have picked out. You need to look at what RPM it makes its power.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

what would you recommend for a decently priced amp ($300-500)?
So you are trying to get in the 50's on music with a $300 - $500 amp

no specs on that but my guess would be half. But my truck idles @ about 1100 rpms so I should be fine??? what type of "trunk" batt would you recommend????

ya stock batt up front... at what point should I add a "trunk" battery? I mean could I do fine with like a kinetic hc1800 up front and the ho alt, if i9'm running 2000 rms ( 4000 peak)

OP, if you don't really know what you're doing don't run 3KW to a single sub. Sounds like you're not in much of a position to recone it when you smoke it. AND attmepting to run a true 3KW on just HO alternator is a recipe for disaster.

A good 1500W or so will do great and you can get by with just a good additional battery for electrical. My .02$ buy a good quality used amp that will make rated power, be reliable, and hold some re-sale value if and when you want to upgrade or try something else.

OP, if you don't really know what you're doing don't run 3KW to a single sub. Sounds like you're not in much of a position to recone it when you smoke it. AND attmepting to run a true 3KW on just HO alternator is a recipe for disaster.
A good 1500W or so will do great and you can get by with just a good additional battery for electrical. My .02$ buy a good quality used amp that will make rated power, be reliable, and hold some re-sale value if and when you want to upgrade or try something else.
how bout a zx 1500 or an atomic 1600 watt class d I think a used zx and an atomic should go for the same price... Right now I have a dx1000.1 rockin amp! (i think so anyways) how would that fair? Its 1000 watt rms and 2000 watt peak @ 2 ohms. Only problem is I dont know if atomic subs come in 2 ohm versions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.