confused newbi

Participant count
  • Participant list
hi all

i have bought 1 Alpine SWR-1041D type R sub and have a kenwood KAC-819 amp running it and the sub is in a home made sealed enclosure that my mate had lying around. I want to make an enclosure for my sub but i am not sure what size it has to be or if will sound better with a ported or sealed box. The spec that came with the sub says the recommended sealed box volume sould be 0.5~0.8 f^3:confused:. At first this confused me but after searching the net I calculated with my bad math skills:banghead: that the box should be 12"x7.82"x15" does this sound right? it seems a bit small. Does anyone know the right dimensions for a sealed box and a ported box? the dimensions for the car the box is going in is 23"w 35"D 19"H (daihatsu charade gtti).

any help appreciated

P.S. does anyone know how long it sould take to the sub to run in?

is there anybody on this forum that uses 2 15's for an sq setup? i wanna get 2 15 k-series so i can build a wall for them, have some fun competing, and then building a sealed box for an sq setup. think it'll work?

lol, i don't mean like everyday, i mean like make a wall, compete for a year or so, have some fun like that, and then when i'm done, take down the wall and build a large sealed box and compete in sq comps for maybe a year or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.