Cool toy I just bought, check it

Beans

Senior VIP Member
Wisconsin
I can't put this stupid thing down. Amazon

dropped the price $4 in the last week, down to 10.25 shipped for prime members.

Link to amazon

51QYcOYbLrL._SY300_.jpg

Stuff I check with it

semi truck/trailer hubs, will start on fire when they go, gotta catch 'em early. Saw a rig burnt to the ground this last trip because of a failed hub bearing, not pretty. That and the equipment I work with has a huge amount of axles, seen up to 19 so far. Safety safety safety.

Tire temps

my ia 20.1 as I'm jamming out down the rd, 110f is all I see driving my hdc to almost

clipping for a half hr

to help tune old two strokes, can hit each pipe with it, see if one cylinder's lean

electrical connectors/outlets

the ac coming out of my cars vents

I dunno, all kinds of other schit

That would be pretty nifty to have in your car so you could check amplifier heat real quick from the drivers seat

At least with my setup i have a direct view of the amp

Wicked accurate too.

Could have used it on my old car's radiator. It started to plug up on the bottom rows, couldn't figure out why it was overheating.

Things do come in handy for lots of things. I used to use one to check the temp on my rc motor and esc, and used it to try and check hub temps on car for bad wheel bearing.

Used one for my sub and amps too.

Thanks for the post. I needed to add something to my cart to get free shipping. haha Buying a E-Z Hammer Indent Crimper Tool.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M7LFKK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Anyone ever used one of these? Are they worth buying?

The temp guns are great for lots of different engine readings. you can hit header tubes with them to see if a cylinder isn't firing, intake manifold temp, supercharger temps, turbo compressor temps, intercooler temps, etc.

Thanks for the post. I needed to add something to my cart to get free shipping. haha Buying a E-Z Hammer Indent Crimper Tool.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M7LFKK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
You want this one.

click me

Btw, were sorta neighbors.

Thanks for the post. I needed to add something to my cart to get free shipping. haha Buying a E-Z Hammer Indent Crimper Tool.E-Z Red B790C Hammer Indent Crimper Tool - Lug Crimping Tool - Amazon.com
I woldnt buy it unless you are in business. Ive never had to even use one..Copper Ring terminals(Soft Metal/great conductor) Concrete floor and hammer,then a small punch with min of three good indents,and heatshrink..Done..I tried pulling one apart once and wire broke in between the indentions and wiring,still leaving the crimped wiring in place.

yea, those are pretty awesome. I have had a couple of them since back when they were hundreds. Mine are Fluke and I don't remember the other. We used them at the drag strip daily .... great tool to have for many things though ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.