Crossovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

neil4374

Senior VIP Member
When I started this first car audio installation I didnt think it would be so easy for me. I am not so good at thinks like this. However the challenge seemed a good idea. After buying all my equipment, asking questions and getting help I am enjoying it all the more. But I keep getting more and more questions.

Can somebody please tell me if I am on the right lines...!

Regarding crossovers...

1.Passive crossovers are included in component speaker sets.They go between the amp and the speakers

2.Active crossovers are between the headunit and the amp?

I can see crossovers on my amp(1 high and low for each channel)

3.Are they classed as Active?

4.And is it also the case that I shouldnt use croosovers on the amp and on the speakers at the same time?

Cheers

#1 . Yup
#2 . Also yup
#3 Again, yup

#4 ....sorta. When someone states going active with their setup, the x-overs on the amp(s) get left alone and using the HU's active x-over built in.
@Jeffdacheff has more knowledge in that area. He can prob give ya more in depth info better than I can.

Thank you for clarifying I was right:)

I am quite surprised I got it right.

My crossovers on my components speakers have no settings to change. Only db+ and db-.

Am I right in saying these normally come prefigured?

That's correct. In fact, I don't think any x-overs that come with comp sets are adjustable. I wanna say I've seen one or two in the past but nah. That would be either the HU or amp(s).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.