Custom rear speaker pannel (6 speakers!)

Spen your money do it tell us how it turns out, and don't make a thread in the future " what amp should I buy to power 6 6x9s on my rear deck" or "my speakers are blown... Why?"

You don't decide what I post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I do hunny buns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I asked about my wiring - not about where i should or shouldnt place my speakers. I see not ONE single reply to answer any concerns in my 1st post
Never once did i get mad i just asked to stay on topic but i can see this is going to be a dead thread so whatever.
heres the answer, no. ok now, keep your hands away from audio before you break something.

This should have been your 1st post... thanks for the info reguardless
that was common sense, if you dont know that you should stay away, you cant just get a bunch of speakers from craigslist and a 1000 watt volfenhag mono amp and just run them the reason nobody answered straight up is because you desperately needed to be corrected on onther accounts before the main question of the thread.

I was hoping me deleting a couple of the worst posts on the first page would be warning enough, but I see it wasn't. No matter how much of a noob another member may be, or how much you disagree with his/her plans, that does not give you the right to be insulting. This forum is here for people to discuss car audio, to teach, learn, and socialize about it. Its easy to post a helpful, friendly, respectful reply while also saying you disagree with his/her plans, here let me show you.

I disagree with building a rear sound stage that will overpower your front stage, it inhibits your stereo's ability to accurately reproduce the 3-dimensional space the band recorded it in. Remember, your music was recorded in 2 channels, 2 front channels, not 2 front channels and 2 rear channels. So obviously reproducing it with 2 rear channels that can easily overpower the fronts, will make it loud, but not very accurate to the recording.

Okay, that being said, you dont want to 'splice' speaker wires together. If you wanting to wire multiple speakers to same the amplifier channel, you do it via parallel/series (or a combo of both) and you do it at the speakers, or at the amplifier terminals. Physically splicing wires together can work, but it has some potential problems that could occur, which is why most people use the method I am suggesting here.

Lastly, all those different speakers no doubt have different impedances (yes, even if they have the same advertised nominal impedance). That means each speaker will receive a different amount of power from the amp. Add to that the different design features of the speakers that alter their frequency response, and now you have this big mess of multiple speakers playing at different volume levels, with different frequency responses, and there's basically nothing you can do to adjust each one individually because they are all hooked together. It would be a nightmare for tuning, and would most likely sound very badly. What you are suggesting is possible, but I definitely urge you to go a different route. Just because you own all those different speaker sets does not mean it would be advantageous to use all of them.

Now that Ive shown how easy it is to disagree with someone in a respectful manner, I expect everyone here to follow my lead. I will also stop simply deleting replies that break the forum rules about insulting other people, the consequences just went up. You guys have been fairly warned here.

We wouldnt have to be @ssholes if he would take advice as to way he is wasting his money instead of telling all of us we are should shut up when he posted the thread looking for advice lol... If you want my opinion, which clearly you probably wont, but I would take the money and have some one fiberglass your door panels to hold multiple 6.5 components instead...

We wouldnt have to be @ssholes if he would take advice as to way he is wasting his money instead of telling all of us we are should shut up when he posted the thread looking for advice lol... If you want my opinion' date=' which clearly you probably wont, but I would take the money and have some one fiberglass your door panels to hold multiple 6.5 components instead...[/quote']
There is no excuse to being an ahole to another member, unless you are in the t-dome, which you are not. You can respectfully explain why you think a member is making a bad decision, if that member chooses to do it anyway, you always have the choice to simply move on and not discuss it with him anymore. You do NOT have the choice to start insulting him/her. Its not like he would be wasting your money, so some of you guys need to chill. I agree the OP has been a bit insulting too, but given the nature of many of the replies here, I suspect its simply a defensive response, which is quite natural. Help this guy, respectfully, or move on to other threads. Its just that simple.

There is no excuse to being an ahole to another member, unless you are in the t-dome, which you are not. You can respectfully explain why you think a member is making a bad decision, if that member chooses to do it anyway, you always have the choice to simply move on and not discuss it with him anymore. You do NOT have the choice to start insulting him/her. Its not like he would be wasting your money, so some of you guys need to chill. I agree the OP has been a bit insulting too, but given the nature of many of the replies here, I suspect its simply a defensive response, which is quite natural. Help this guy, respectfully, or move on to other threads. Its just that simple.
I have always tried to be respectful to every member which is why you never have to talk to me about anything I just dont like it when people wont take any other advice when we are telling him its not a good idea to start with... But I offered how I would spend my money however OP if you dont like the door Idea get a good 6 channel instead of this 1000 watt amp if you insist on running all the rear deck speakers...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.