CVL8's vs newb to bass

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have 3 (Revision 2 CVL8 subs) in total on a Crescendo BC2k. Box is 2.1net with a 32hz tuning all subs in a common chamber, port firing to the drivers side.

DC power custom alt with adjustable regulator rated for 310amp hot @ idle.

Deka 9a34 and Cadence 1/0 wire.

SDS CLD tiles on the inner door skins.

Building some door pods to house 2 Cadence CWM-6 components in each door.

Good stuff there! Wish I could afford a DC alt.

How do you like that 1/0 wire? I was gonna get some but was a little skeptical. Is it true OFC?

its a combination of CCA. Im not 100% sure on the content ratio..but its not PURE OFC.

The new stock that came in may be different, but I cant check till its unloaded.

The thing about our wire is that people say it performs great, regardless of the price. Flexible, easy to work with and lasts. Heres some reviews...

Quick 1/0 wire comparison: PG, Cadence, Welding cable - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/515724-wire-comparison.html

*fixed website spec

Yeah its not ofc if at all. Its cca judging by every strand. Still good wire as flexible as my kicker hyperflex. Don't expect to pull 300amps or more through a long run. For the price of it though you could easily do multiple runs and still be cheaper than most 1/0 wire. I think I pulled close to 280amps through a oft run before it started to discolor. In a daily app though music is dynamic so you would never be pulling godly amounts of current for long periods of time.

Yeah its not ofc if at all. Its cca judging by every strand. Still good wire as flexible as my kicker hyperflex. Don't expect to pull 300amps or more through a long run. For the price of it though you could easily do multiple runs and still be cheaper than most 1/0 wire. I think I pulled close to 280amps through a oft run before it started to discolor. In a daily app though music is dynamic so you would never be pulling godly amounts of current for long periods of time.
That is the main point a lot of people seem to misunderstand. Most daily setups will run fine with even the cheapest of wires.

Not sure about the ability to handle the 300amps, but I do know that we have some serious competitors that have used our wires in huge competition vehicles with zero issues. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Makes perfect sense, where do you get your wire from?... I think I seen your walled Bronco on the Ford forum, I am bamaf150. Your Bronco is SICK!! I think you are the one who referred me here too. I know you said no pics of the inside of your Bronco but you have any vids? Figured its probably a long shot since its being built for Extreme class in Db drag.

I am going to be in Colorado during the Holidays, where exactly are you located? I'd like to hear the 3 8's in person.

Makes perfect sense, where do you get your wire from?... I think I seen your walled Bronco on the Ford forum, I am bamaf150. Your Bronco is SICK!! I think you are the one who referred me here too. I know you said no pics of the inside of your Bronco but you have any vids? Figured its probably a long shot since its being built for Extreme class in Db drag.
I am going to be in Colorado during the Holidays, where exactly are you located? I'd like to hear the 3 8's in person.
I've picked most of it up from Audio savings. Great wire, so dont buy into all the OFC hype. Really only thing OFC matters in, is vehicles doing 160+ with tons of current draw. They are after the least amount of resistance possible. Really if they get that ****, they should be using pure silver wire anyway. #1 on the list of least resistant.

No pics of the bronco and no vids yet. It's been on the TermLab twice and have a little bit more to do before I am satisfied. I am about 40miles south of Colorado Springs, feel free to stop on by. I am on Holiday vacation till the 3rd of next year. Hopefuly if the new 8s come out in time I'd like to swap out the Rev2's I have now to try them on for size.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TnT_Sounds

10+ year member
profiling gets **** done!
TnT_Sounds
Colorado
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date