daisy chaining...

deLeo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
FL
Is there any disadvantage of daisychaning my 4channel to my monoblock amp? am i better off just running another set of RCA's from the headunit to the subamp or can i save the money on 20ft rca's and just daisychain them together

well i have a hpf on the headunit and on the 4channel so i can just turn it off on the HU and let the amp be the hpf then set the lpf accordingly?

Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT

is my headunit...

Preamp Voltage: 4 volts

Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: Yes

so i guess i cant?

you can, i was just saying that.. if you wanted to use the subwoofer volume control on te HU (if it has one) it wont work if you daisy chain it.. cause either youll use the rcas for teh front speakers.. and the subwoofer control wont do anything or you use the subwoofer one.. and when you raise it.. it will raise your front speakers too since its going through the same connection

just spend the $15 and run the rcas imo

If you were running a deck with only one set of pre-amp outs, I would say yes. But you have the sub volume control at your fingertips. I would just spend the extra on the RCA's.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

already spent a lot of money on a new setup. why cheap out on $15?
yeah your right... lol i have stinger 4channel why cheapout im just going 2 get the stinger rcas for my subamp

yeah dont cheap out. I split my subwoofer preout into two lines to feed my sub amps the same signal. I also then split my front and rear outputs so I feed both my 4 channels the same signal. I have 3 speakers in each front door, and 3 speakeris in the rear of my car, and I still have fade/balance and can use all my crossovers and sub settings.

Im so much happier than when I used to daisy chain amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.