dayton audio frontstage pics!

its an 89' ford f-250, single cab with a 7.3 diesel. I love it, it was my grandpa's until he died. I plan on doing a cut-through eventually.

and about the x-over thing, im not worried about it at all because it sounds good how it is.

well the tweeters were rated for 3,500-25,000, so i decided to not go any lower than what it was rated for. and the 6.5 has a freq. response to 4,000. i dont see why you think it sounds horrible.

well the tweeters were rated for 3,500-25,000, so i decided to not go any lower than what it was rated for. and the 6.5 has a freq. response to 4,000. i dont see why you think it sounds horrible.
I never said that it sounds horrible, but it's definitely not something that I'd do. I be worried about beaming issues caused by the mid(happens above a certain frequency, and is dependant on cone size), along with the fact that you have two tweets per side which by themselves are more sensitive than you mid...the highs must be overbearing. But some people like having a lot of highs. I myself can't stand it, and prefer a more mellow sounding tweeter/setup that I can crank to the max without being harsh.

no they aren't harsh sounding
Whatever you say. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif But as it stands right now, your tweets are reproducing the signal ~5db louder than your mids, assuming your EQ is set to flat.

Whatever you say. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif But as it stands right now, your tweets are reproducing the signal ~5db louder than your mids, assuming your EQ is set to flat.
why?

and as it stands right now, you've never heard it. I dont see why you care

why?
and as it stands right now, you've never heard it. I dont see why you care
Why would the tweets play 5db higher than the mids? Because a single tweeter is 2db more sensitive than the mid. Adding an extra tweeter on each side raises the efficiency by ~3db, so ~5db louder.

I don't have to hear it to follow simple logic/physics. Unless you have the higher frequencies highly attentuated, your tweets are reproducing the audio signal quite a bit louder than your mids.

nicebudget set up, i've played with daytons before, they are really good speakers for the money.

some of these guys haven't listen to daytons, you can't always go by what other think or wht sounds good in your vehicle.

but anyway good job.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.