Dayton Ho 12" Box and Power

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mdude186

Before going on, I know this has been talked about... A LOT. So i'll try to keep this simple and short. I haven't found anything on running these Daytons with semi-low power. Most people do 600 RMS each. I was wondering if they would operate correctly if I used a Kicker 750.1 amplifier. I know this is underrated, on its birth sheet it was rated at 941 RMS at 14.4 volts, but as we all know, cars don't really stay at 14.4 volts. Its normally 14.1 on the highway and 13.5 everywhere else. It would seem I've gone on a tangent...anyway.

So I wanted to run 2 12" Ho's in a ported box. After doing some WinISD modeling I came to a compromise with this box:

2.490 ft3

31.08 Hz Tuning Freq.

This gives an F3 of 30 Hz, which seems pretty good. Also shows it playing 45 hz onward flat at 0 db.

So in this box, do you think the kicker 750.1 will be able to power these subs reasonably? I'm not looking to break windshields or anything stupid like that, just a nice SQ setup that can go BOOM BOOM on those days...you know those days... ^_^

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

I agree, but it is widely known that these subs work best in small enclosures so i didn't think much of it. It even states so on the PE website lol. Anyone have experience with using these in small ported enclosures?

I agree, but it is widely known that these subs work best in small enclosures so i didn't think much of it. It even states so on the PE website lol. Anyone have experience with using these in small ported enclosures?
I have two of these sitting in my room waiting for an enclosure to go in. Would like to bump this thread for more input and also wondering what results you had or what design you went with,. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.