DC lvl 3 problem

told you it wasnt a knob i am the kid that sold it to him i had it running on 1000 rms @ 1 ohm and it only smelled a little if i was constantly bumping

i also say its clipping the S@#t out of it
how could i be clipping it though? i have it wired to 4 ohms now and still clips i think

how could i be clipping it though? i have it wired to 4 ohms now and still clips i think
It doesnt matter if its wired at 8, 4, 2, or 1 ohm. Having bass boost, or your bass turned all the way up, plus some other things can clip the signal you're sending to the amp before the amp even messes with it. Then you go turning the gain up and it just amplifies the clipped signal thus making it stinkayyyy.

It doesnt matter if its wired at 8, 4, 2, or 1 ohm. Having bass boost, or your bass turned all the way up, plus some other things can clip the signal you're sending to the amp before the amp even messes with it. Then you go turning the gain up and it just amplifies the clipped signal thus making it stinkayyyy.
see, some headunits need the subwoofer level turned up all the way to get to the preset voltage (ie. 8 volts), but others, not so much. Its very difficult to diagnose this over the internet.

The only REAL way to figure it out, is with an o scope. Too bad youre not closer OP.

see, some headunits need the subwoofer level turned up all the way to get to the preset voltage (ie. 8 volts), but others, not so much. Its very difficult to diagnose this over the internet.
The only REAL way to figure it out, is with an o scope. Too bad youre not closer OP.
well, what im thinking, is could it be its a s10 stock electrical and the battery is from 05, some cheap walmart battery, i just bought the truck

not that i know of, i press the voume button and all has is low mid treble fad balance
Go into your main menu of the cd player. If its like mine you'll have to go into standby mode then hold down one of the buttons and the menu comes up. Somewhere in there you can switch what the rca's are used for to sw out. That will put a setting when you push in on your volume knob to change the sw level.

That is if its anything like my headunit and that one looks pretty darn identical. Mines just a little older. Sorry it was so vague, but its there.

Go into your main menu of the cd player. If its like mine you'll have to go into standby mode then hold down one of the buttons and the menu comes up. Somewhere in there you can switch what the rca's are used for to sw out. That will put a setting when you push in on your volume knob to change the sw level.
That is if its anything like my headunit and that one looks pretty darn identical. Mines just a little older. Sorry it was so vague, but its there.
ok, gonna go try that right now.

there is a bass boost buttom i turned that off, then theres when i hold menu buttom something comes up like v power and the more i turn it up more bass so i turned all the way down, but when i crank it it sounds like its clipping and bottoming out, i got a 15in type r i used on same amp, and got way louder and took way more rms so maybe im thinking either, hu, or battery

there is a bass boost buttom i turned that off, then theres when i hold menu buttom something comes up like v power and the more i turn it up more bass so i turned all the way down, but when i crank it it sounds like its clipping and bottoming out, i got a 15in type r i used on same amp, and got way louder and took way more rms so maybe im thinking either, hu, or battery
Yea, I know what the bass boost on the headunit. Its got like 2 settings right?

Thats still not the place I'm talking about, In the main menu where you can turn the beep on your headunit off, set your clock, and all those other things. The main menu, you can only access it when your headunit is in standby mode.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.