DD haters

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I troll facebook alot because it works out to sea pretty good. I see so much hate on DD even when the one defending the brand always shows proof how DD is winning everything world wide even this year. I'm not one to say DD is the best there is but its been VERY good to me. I cant think of anyone that builds subs like DD does so they are going to cost more. I would say Sundown is a runner up but I have never seen a sundown woofer so versitle, maybe the older Zs? It seems now Jacob is designing for that niche market. When it comes to amps nobody is making that kind of power in that small footprint on 12v. DD may not be for you or your wallet but why hate or deny when the proof is everywhere for so many years?

It ain't always about the specs and comps won. I don't like how they look, too plain and look like cheap off the shelf crap, I know they aren't but step into today with product design. And winning crap doesn't make it right to charge so much for stuff, makes you look arrogant, especially when a good amount of people now know you can build the sa,me or better cheaper themselves. Just my two cents I realize its great stuff just don't like it personally

I troll facebook alot because it works out to sea pretty good. I see so much hate on DD even when the one defending the brand always shows proof how DD is winning everything world wide even this year. I'm not one to say DD is the best there is but its been VERY good to me. I cant think of anyone that builds subs like DD does so they are going to cost more. I would say Sundown is a runner up but I have never seen a sundown woofer so versitle, maybe the older Zs? It seems now Jacob is designing for that niche market. When it comes to amps nobody is making that kind of power in that small footprint on 12v. DD may not be for you or your wallet but why hate or deny when the proof is everywhere for so many years?
I agree, my amp is relatively small and really efficient for the power it puts out. I've been pretty impressed with most of the subs, too.

The M4a which will kiss 10K is only 2 inches bigger then my Korean 5K. As for how they look, you can get them to look however you want. You can even get custom decals molded into the caps.

I didn't know they were doing custom caps now but more than just the caps on looks its just a personal taste thing, and I'm from Oklahoma dd stuff is everywhere and who wants the same thing everyone else does

They have done custom caps and cones for a long time.
Then the idiots around here never use them either way never checked into that as I didn't like the design of the rest of the product nor the amps visual first then performance then price is how I shop

Plain and clean is how I like it. I have a dd amp, sundown amp. Both simple designs. Bling not required //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DD's products were never there issues. I was never for that company even when I worked there.

Their list of problems as follows...:

1. The customer service

2. Their actual knowledge of their own product

3. Their price points

4. Their employees

5. Their customer base and false claims made by the customer base* **

6. Their Dealers, many have the same issues as "fan boys" do.

7. Their company policies and structure. This is a huge negative from a business stand point and will keep DD from getting any larger then it currently is.

* - huge problem with anyone who pays attention

** - even worse is they won't fix or offer an explanation to the outrageous claims. (most claims are based on what a "salesman" from DD told them)

With all of that, the product is still good. Pricing and such will keep most from purchasing it though as they no longer corner the market with anything.

DD's products were never there issues. I was never for that company even when I worked there.
Their list of problems as follows...:

1. The customer service

2. Their actual knowledge of their own product

3. Their price points

4. Their employees

5. Their customer base and false claims made by the customer base* **

6. Their Dealers, many have the same issues as "fan boys" do.

7. Their company policies and structure. This is a huge negative from a business stand point and will keep DD from getting any larger then it currently is.

* - huge problem with anyone who pays attention

** - even worse is they won't fix or offer an explanation to the outrageous claims. (most claims are based on what a "salesman" from DD told them)

With all of that, the product is still good. Pricing and such will keep most from purchasing it though as they no longer corner the market with anything.
From what I've heard, they've started having dealer quotas now. I know of at least one local shop that dropped them because of that.

So you choise visual then preformance first then why did you go with Audiobaun, audiopipe, and Kicker? Sorry bud but everything you say is now invalid.
His install is a hell of a lot cleaner than most peoples'. I believe he's working on a new build, too.

From what I've heard, they've started having dealer quotas now. I know of at least one local shop that dropped them because of that.
They were this way before, then they got away from it. Around the time of the ending of my employment they decided to return to that setup once again along with a different dealer pricing structure based on volume. At that time the entire sales team was replaced.

Being an audio junkie i could care less what the stuff looks like, if it's fine equipment i'm buying it. Everything these days is about looks and it's hilarious. Guys would rather buy some chrome amps that **** than some basic looking ****** stuff. Cracks me up.

They were this way before, then they got away from it. Around the time of the ending of my employment they decided to return to that setup once again along with a different dealer pricing structure based on volume. At that time the entire sales team was replaced.
It just seems counter productive to me. I'm not very impressed with their business practices. My buddy was a DD dealer, and DD allowed another local shop to become a dealer as well and he lost nearly all of his DD business. As soon as they required a quota, he just couldn't keep up and dropped them. It's really a shame how they run their business, they make some great products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date