Decent box for 2 Alpine Type Rs?

You lazy people will spend more money, then wonder why your subs sound like sheeot! Go ahead and buy it, you will be disappointed! Have someone in your area build one; do it right the first time.

I mean, what makes the box on the net bad? It seems like a good size, fits my trunk almost to a glove, 3/4" mdf, etc

Just not sure why if I dont do it myself its automatically ****? Im def no expert but I would love to know the exact reason this would not sound as good as making a custom one, if in fact, the custom one were of the same specs?

If youre saying the port size, or the size of the chamber or the quality of the mdf is worse, that makes sense. As opposed to a blanket statement

The reason is it's a prefab they normally don't put in the best to get everything you can out of your subs. Prefabs are made to match most subs. You could get it and it would sound okay but if you want to get really good sound build it yourself or get someone to build it that way you can have it built to the best cuft and tuning for your subs. Why spend $102 for a prefab to be disapointed and spend another 100 to build it yourself. This is my reason because it happened to me I wasted $100 on a box that ***** and was built like crap my subs sounded like $50 10s in the prefab box. Now im building my own box to get them to sound like they should, like $300 15s.

My box for my type R's was i want to say 33 Wide, 16 Tall, and 16 deep.. with 3 inch wide port... 4.02 cubes internally tuned to 32hz... Not exactly 100% on those measurements as i sold everything but it got loud but type R's dont really sound great to begin with imo.. Well i thought they did untill i heard my BL..

box should be ok if you dont care about numbers or great sound quality. if you dont wanna listen to others personal experiences or opinions why post a thread.

The fact is, I do care about others opinions. Im a newb and I know this. But when people say "This is horrible" but no actual reason is not very helpful. So with that, I appreciate you guys listing some of the things. In my reading I thought that 1.8cu ft would be good for this sub, so it would be fine.

Also I dont care so much about looks nor competing. I do, of course, care about the sq. I mean, I dont want it to sound like ****. The other issue is I dont think Ive ever heard a professionally done system to really compare.

It won't be 1.8 cuft ea I don't kno the port dimensions so I'm not able to subtract that it's probably more like 1.3-1.5 cuft ea if that. Most people run their type rs at 2-2.5 cuft ea

You need to understand the mechanics of how subwoofers are effected by their enclosures . Some enclosures will yeild better results in sealed enclosures, while most woofers do best in ported. TypeRs are well known for getting stupidloud in a ported enclosure , but in the right ported enclosure . They like tuning around 30-36hz with 15sq port area per cube. Go to bcae1.com and start reading from enclosures.

yeh I hear ya man.

Ill keep doing my research. Regardng building it myself, its not that I cant, just that when it comes to a ported design, things obv get much more tricky. Especially as this would be my first build.

anyhow, I am wondering if there is some sort of guide on knowing when to use rectangular ports, vs circle ports, and when its best to have separate chambers for 2 subs vs one giant chamber. Or when the 2 chambers share the same port in the center with invidual ports? Those sorts of questions

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.