Did I just get the best T2500-1BDCP or what?? Phenomenal Birthsheet

Thinkin bout one of them on 4 sa8v2's.
That would be pretty boss. I've already got 2 SA-8v2's (unplugged for now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ). Was running them on 1150w @2ohms which after rise was probably more like 600w and they hit hard enough to flex my wipers on the low notes and my windshield at 50hz. Can't wait to see what they can REALLY do. I've read from multiple posts that they will take 1000w daily with ease. Hell even Jacob (sundown owner) said that they would take "significantly more than the rated 500w to reach full excursion", and I believe it too cuz on certain freqencies those things were barely movin' a half inch. And I'm pretty sure they have nearly a 2" p2p excursion.

And another amazing feat was the video he posted of one taking a high frequency sine wave on 450w up to 875wRMW for 9 minutes before the coil smoked. So unless you plan on playing 100hz sine waves through it all day, these things are amazing and you will pretty much never kill them unless you feed em much more than 1000W daily for long periods or play them too loud below tuning :p

Only one comment so far highlights that it seems odd one model of amp can have such big tolerances, other than the OP who thinks this is a blessing? That's cool for you, but it makes me wonder what's going on at the RF factories.

Only one comment so far highlights that it seems odd one model of amp can have such big tolerances, other than the OP who thinks this is a blessing? That's cool for you, but it makes me wonder what's going on at the RF factories.
What do you mean? You think it's a fake birthsheet or something?

Ill never understand why amps made of the same parts arent always the same.No dig against any one brand as thats the way all brands are it seems...?
Have you never heard no two things are created equal? Do you think if you buy two of the same cars, same years ,they will both have the same hp? They will both be reated for the same horsepower but if you put them both on a dino one will have more. This is especially true when deailng with electronics

What do you mean? You think it's a fake birthsheet or something?
I think birthsheets are being exploited as a marketing tool. I'm concerned about why a manufacturer with such engineering knowledge is making amps that vary in output so much. You're not talking about a $100 1,500W amp here. $1599 retail should come with tight tolerance parts and manufacturing.

Birthsheet = meh at best.

I can write on a piece of paper just as easy as the next guy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Birthsheet = meh at best.
I can write on a piece of paper just as easy as the next guy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
this is true but there are actual clamp test to show they do well above rated like around 3200rms but there wasn't an oscope on it either but it was done by Jesse adkins I believe who seems to be knowledgeable at car audio

I'm not saying they won't do more then rated by any means. I have tested some that very well do.

I'm just saying the idea of a "birthsheet" is laughable is all.

this is true but there are actual clamp test to show they do well above rated like around 3200rms but there wasn't an oscope on it either but it was done by Jesse adkins I believe who seems to be knowledgeable at car audio
Yeah I seen his vid where he clamped his BDCP. And his only did I think a couple hundred watts below what his birthsheet said. But you gotta remember that RF tests these amps at a completely stable 14.4V, and those power ratings are probably not taking any kind of box rise into consideration. But the fact that their "constant power" pretty much eliminates the box rise problem if your wired @1ohm. Unless you have some ridiculous box rise like starting at 1ohm and going up to 4 or something like that.

The power ratings on the "birthsheet" are absolute best case scenario.

Efficiently is horrible on those amps. Good luck getting anywhere close to that daily. They test with a power supply and resisters. No gain remote, phase shift, set SS filter, you can keep it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.