did i tune my amp right?

Participant count
  • Participant list

woody2193
10+ year member

WI
so i was tuning my amp yesterday with a 50hz and 70 hz test tone. i wanted to use the bass remote to be able to control the sub faster and i found out that it only controls the bass boost dial. (with no bass boost on, and the remote in and all the way up the dmm was 29 volts and without it in the dmm read 49 volts) i added a little bit of boost (and reduced the gain a bit) so that with the 50 hz tone the dmm read 38 volts. i then used the 70 hz tone to set the lpf to where the dmm read 38 volts for 70 hz also.

Everybody says how bass boost is a no no but is it alright to have turned it up enough just to reach my desired output with the remote? ( my gain isn't close to being maxed out and the bass boost is hardly up). in other words is this safely tuned?

As long as you use common sense you will be fine using the bass boost. Obviously you dont wanna turn the gain and boost way up. It doesn't sound like you are doing that though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.