Distortion from all speakers when not faded to rear only.

Participant count
  • Participant list

NPC

I'm currently only listening through my rear speakers because all speakers including the rear get distorted and crackle when the system is balanced and faded evenly, no amount of eq fixes this issue except for full rear fade, and lowering the volume only reduces the issue slightly. I was thinking of buying all new speakers but if there's just a faulty wire I'd rather just replace that.

I have a 2002 Cadillac Deville DTS, it comes stock with a Bose head unit, speaker above the dash, tweeters in the frame, front door speakers, rear door speakers a subwoofer in the rear deck, an equalizer and an amp(specs unknown to me).

What further steps should I take to troubleshoot this issue? Best guesses on what the cause is? And has anyone had this issue before? Any solid info or links on my audio system would obviously be appreciated.

Thanks everybody, I hope I posted this thread on the appropriate board.

I'm currently only listening through my rear speakers because all speakers including the rear get distorted and crackle when the system is balanced and faded evenly, no amount of eq fixes this issue except for full rear fade, and lowering the volume only reduces the issue slightly. I was thinking of buying all new speakers but if there's just a faulty wire I'd rather just replace that.

I have a 2002 Cadillac Deville DTS, it comes stock with a Bose head unit, speaker above the dash, tweeters in the frame, front door speakers, rear door speakers a subwoofer in the rear deck, an equalizer and an amp(specs unknown to me).

What further steps should I take to troubleshoot this issue? Best guesses on what the cause is? And has anyone had this issue before? Any solid info or links on my audio system would obviously be appreciated.

Thanks everybody, I hope I posted this thread on the appropriate board.
Factory Car Stereo and Bose Repair For Cadillac

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.