***Do i need a battery???

Jared530
10+ year member

Drop bombs
Ok, i drive a 95 honda accord with the stock alty. I think its like 90 Amps stock. But anyways, I plan to run a 15" XXX with a power acoustik a3000db. Do you think i should add a battery to get the maximum wattage out of this system? Also is it possible to run 0gauge wire to everything, because it looks like the sub and amp only take 4g. let me know. Thanks!

Most every car needs a battery. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

definately, definately get a high output alternator. 90 amps can be hit in a heartbreak, especially with lights, a/c, and a couple thousand watts wangin an XXX.

i wish i could do an alt. But their too expensive. Would it be possible to substitute another battery in place for an alt. so have 2 batts?
i have a powerbass XA3000 and i have a yellowtop under the hood and 2 in the back on my stock alt and my volts dont go down much at all so 2 batts should more than do the job for ya unless your car electrical ***** dick

i wish i could do an alt. But their too expensive. Would it be possible to substitute another battery in place for an alt. so have 2 batts?
when you can upgrade your alt at an auto electrical place they usually can bump them 20-30 amps for under 150. i would do the extra batt also but for the first couple weeks check its voltage every couple of days just to make sure its where it needs to be. i would also use a larger type batt (group 31) like a kinetik 2400 for example.

I hate to jack a thread but I need some help as well, just delete this post if it causes any trouble.

I drive a 99 vw passat with stock alt. and some random starting bat. under the hood.

I will be running an Alpine 4 chan amp 75wrms

Also will be running an alpine mono block 1000wrms

& finally a 2 chan. rockford unit doing 65wrms

I really can't do a big 3 because I cannot get to any of the wiring in a german car for the life of me, or I just **** with cars. So I was wondering if I got a 2nd battery and a cap if that would work fine. All power wiring is 0/g.

Feel free to make any suggestions and or links to where I could buy a batt. @.

Thanks much.

I hate to jack a thread but I need some help as well, just delete this post if it causes any trouble.
I drive a 99 vw passat with stock alt. and some random starting bat. under the hood.

I will be running an Alpine 4 chan amp 75wrms

Also will be running an alpine mono block 1000wrms

& finally a 2 chan. rockford unit doing 65wrms

I really can't do a big 3 because I cannot get to any of the wiring in a german car for the life of me, or I just **** with cars. So I was wondering if I got a 2nd battery and a cap if that would work fine. All power wiring is 0/g.

Feel free to make any suggestions and or links to where I could buy a batt. @.

Thanks much.
if your alt works good add a low esr second battery (prefferably agm type cell) a kinetik 1400 would do nicely imo

I Have A 4dr Civic And I Ran 2 Kicker L7's With A Jbl 1200.1 On Each One And Did Not Need A Battery The Whole Time I Had The System...so I Guess It Is Up To You..if You Want That Full Power Then Do A Battery But I Hit Between 149 And 152.9 Everytime I Tested It....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.