Dodge Challenger SE Help, Please.

up front in the challenger if i remember correctly you can fit 6x9 as well as the rear. you have 4.5" of depth to work with so just about any 6.5 comp set will work. i'd recommend a very solid front stage setup and don't worry as much about the rear. you could get a strong 2 channel amp to pusht the fronts and run the rears off the deck power. and then get you a decent sub amp and HU.
front doors on some plates CXS62 V.2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 ohm Component System

since you want comps in the rears too CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

but i'd go something like this just for cheaper price and easier to run off hu CTX69 - Image Dynamics 6 x 9" 2 Way Speaker w/ Silk Tweeters

this amp seems to get great reviews and you could run it stereo to all ur interior speakers if you prefered REF4.760 - Soundstream 4 Ch. 760 Watt RMS Class A/B Reference Series Power Amplifier

2 of these subs in a sealed 3 cubic foot box ID12D4 V.3 - Image Dynamics 12" Dual 4 Ohm V.3 Subwoofer

and this amp for the subs REF1.1000 Soundstream Monoblock 1000 Watt RMS Reference Series Power Amplifier

that leaves you about 300 for a deck which you could find probably on here used and still get a decent deal.
This looks like a killer setup but doing the math it looks like I'd be way over budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

mtx rtp 212 box, amp and sub package. off ebay around 170 shipped. very nice for the money. 4gauge amp kit off egay for like 30 shipped. alpine type S components and 6x9's for ur car...like 140 shipped for both new off ebay...4ch amp kit or multi amp kit on ebay would be better...like 50 shipped...and find a cheap 4 ch amp...a mtx to match your other
This is more in line with my budget!

The MTX Sub/Cabinet/Amp package I'm finding is the Terminator TNP212D2 and it looks like a really good price for 2 12" subs, cabinet and amp. Do these sound decent?

What do people think about the Alpine Type S components for the front and 6x9's for the back? Some places on the web say they are great, other places say they are worse than stock?

Are the MTX components and 6x9's any good? I'm seeing some pretty good prices on them.

I'm gonna go with the 4 channel MTX amp for the components and 6x9's, simply because it will match my sub amp.

Also guys, I'm fine with my current head unit... unless there would there be a noticeable difference in sound quality between it and an aftermarket head, or if the stock one would cause installation issues with the other stuff. It's just a single disc CD player, I got a free year of Sirius satellite radio with it. It's got a jack I can plug my MP3 player into. That is about all I need.

If the only reason to go aftermarket on the head is features and looks I'm perfectly happy to stick with the stock one.

then expect to add more money if you want to keept he stock. you're gonna need some type of bass restoration unit if you use the factory deck it automatically turns the bass down as you turn it up.

then expect to add more money if you want to keept he stock. you're gonna need some type of bass restoration unit if you use the factory deck it automatically turns the bass down as you turn it up.
Thanks man I didn't know that, I'm sure I'd be better off just getting a new head. I want my Sirius satellite radio to keep working, what do I need to look for to make sure the head will do that?

Other than that a basic single disc CD/SAT/AM-FM is all I need, and I don't want anything too "gaudy" looking.

Are there any fairly cheap heads I should take a look at that you guys would suggest?

Thanks man I didn't know that, I'm sure I'd be better off just getting a new head. I want my Sirius satellite radio to keep working, what do I need to look for to make sure the head will do that?
Other than that a basic single disc CD/SAT/AM-FM is all I need, and I don't want anything too "gaudy" looking.

Are there any fairly cheap heads I should take a look at that you guys would suggest?

Most major brand radios have satellite radio interface boxes, so you can keep the sat radio, and it will actually be controlled through your HU. If you want nav and all that theres a brand called "Eonon" that has REALLY nice units for the money, probably 3x cheaper than pioneer units of the same group. Its a major brand in japan or something apparently. Check their website out and see if you like anything.

Are you bipolar? You post something helpful one go around and something douchebag the next.

I can be helpful, but im generally an ******* most of the time on here. I was just voicing my opinion that you wasted your money on the challenger. How can dodge make one car out of american steel and iron, then 40 years later make another out of plastic, and the plastic one is heavier?

Are dash kits/harnesses availible for the challenger yet? I remember some time back there were some delays with the release of dash kits and harnesses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.