DSP recommendation

Iactually have been looking at those. The only thing that I didn't like was the Bluetooth controller was 100 bucks. Does the Bluetooth let you stream music too?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Look at the EQ. I don't think it does individual channels.

From what i remember about these as we had to translate the manuals for them in English, the EQ is a master EQ which processes through all output channels.

You may not know this from the way how the EQ looks in the video but the 15 Band EQ is not Graphic. It is a 15 Band Parametric EQ. This will allow to fine tune any problem areas when looking at the system as a whole.

You would do leave this flat, set your crossover network first to fine tune all passbands in the vehicle.

Once that is to your liking, you then can run sweeps on an RTA to see what areas need attention. Then, you can use the parametric EQ to go right to those areas and fix them.

The device, for those who "like it loud", can also benefit from using the Limiter built into it as well.

The Limiter varies from -20dB to 0dB(not in use) to protect excessive input voltage flowing through your amplifiers so your equipment is not clipped to hell.

Not only does it have a variable Limiter, but we allow to also change the Attack/Release time of the Limiter.

IE- once a signal comes in that surpasses the Limiter's threshold, the Release function in units of "ms" can be set to tell the unit when to engage the Limiter.

The maximum wait time is 1000ms or 1 second. I believe the lowest time is 15ms which is extremely fast.

The good thing about the Bluetooth capability is when you are fine tuning a setup and you are really into it, the last thing you need is to keep getting up out of the seat, changing settings, then getting back in the seat and try to "remember" how it sounded before if not using an RTA.

BT not only keeps you focused on tuning but greatly speeds up the process.

PS- Even though this is still under $400 with the Bluetooth addon, SounDrive is a dealer of ours on here you can contact and ask about pricing.

It's called- JFA DX5 with BT DX add-on.

If you do decide to purchase one of these, do not forget all settings can be saved into 3 different presets.

We HIGHLY urge people to also write down all of their settings!

The Operating System ran in this device is Android. If the Android OS glitches, it can render certain features unusable which requires a hard reset= lose presets..

So, as a word of caution, use presets so you wont lose your settings and write them down in case you ever need to hard reset the device from a crash.

From what i remember about these as we had to translate the manuals for them in English, the EQ is a master EQ which processes through all output channels.
You may not know this from the way how the EQ looks in the video but the 15 Band EQ is not Graphic. It is a 15 Band Parametric EQ. This will allow to fine tune any problem areas when looking at the system as a whole.

You would do leave this flat, set your crossover network first to fine tune all passbands in the vehicle.

Once that is to your liking, you then can run sweeps on an RTA to see what areas need attention. Then, you can use the parametric EQ to go right to those areas and fix them.

The device, for those who "like it loud", can also benefit from using the Limiter built into it as well.

The Limiter varies from -20dB to 0dB(not in use) to protect excessive input voltage flowing through your amplifiers so your equipment is not clipped to hell.

Not only does it have a variable Limiter, but we allow to also change the Attack/Release time of the Limiter.

IE- once a signal comes in that surpasses the Limiter's threshold, the Release function in units of "ms" can be set to tell the unit when to engage the Limiter.

The maximum wait time is 1000ms or 1 second. I believe the lowest time is 15ms which is extremely fast.

The good thing about the Bluetooth capability is when you are fine tuning a setup and you are really into it, the last thing you need is to keep getting up out of the seat, changing settings, then getting back in the seat and try to "remember" how it sounded before if not using an RTA.

BT not only keeps you focused on tuning but greatly speeds up the process.

PS- Even though this is still under $400 with the Bluetooth addon, SounDrive is a dealer of ours on here you can contact and ask about pricing.

It's called- JFA DX5 with BT DX add-on.

If you do decide to purchase one of these, do not forget all settings can be saved into 3 different presets.

We HIGHLY urge people to also write down all of their settings!

The Operating System ran in this device is Android. If the Android OS glitches, it can render certain features unusable which requires a hard reset= lose presets..

So, as a word of caution, use presets so you wont lose your settings and write them down in case you ever need to hard reset the device from a crash.
For 400 bucks I think my money will have to go to JL. If it were cheaper I would definitely do it but if it's the same price JL Def wins.

Finally downloaded the JL software and it's not very straightforward.. The EQ frequencys are not customizable. I don't see a 6db crossover option either. Just 12,24,48. The massive software on the other hand is very easy to use and has a lot more crossover options. The power manager thing is very cool too. The only thing about the massive is the inputs aren't separate. There grouped in two's. Which I guess isn't a issue unless you want to do a center?? I haven't bought yet. I hate these decisions. Ha

So I got the massive. A couple reasons. The USB dongle. If I like it and keep it I can use my Alpine 9855 and stream music from phone. The software seemed pretty good. And they have updated a few times since release. The digital input on the JL is pretty cool if I ever wanted to do a tablet install but that will probably never happen. And it matches my massive audio two channels.

Finally downloaded the JL software and it's not very straightforward.. The EQ frequencys are not customizable. I don't see a 6db crossover option either. Just 12,24,48. The massive software on the other hand is very easy to use and has a lot more crossover options. The power manager thing is very cool too. The only thing about the massive is the inputs aren't separate. There grouped in two's. Which I guess isn't a issue unless you want to do a center?? I haven't bought yet. I hate these decisions. Ha
there's a reason for the pricing. Once you actually use it, all the flaws of their software starts showing. There's a baseline of standards with DSPs that I cannot fathom going without. Main reason why the top DSPs in the market that wins SQ competittions are unchallenged. Neither you've listed are even considered in the audiophile circle. Nothing even close to being next level. As for good budgeted value, the mini dsp already takes the cake for that.

there's a reason for the pricing. Once you actually use it, all the flaws of their software starts showing. There's a baseline of standards with DSPs that I cannot fathom going without. Main reason why the top DSPs in the market that wins SQ competittions are unchallenged. Neither you've listed are even considered in the audiophile circle. Nothing even close to being next level. As for good budgeted value, the mini dsp already takes the cake for that.
What are the baseline of standards that you cannot go without?

What are the baseline of standards that you cannot go without?
full bandpass capable crossovers frequency from 10hz to 20khz with slopes ranging from -6db to -48db octave, along with different types of crossover dampeing aka linkwitz riley, butterworth, chebychev, bessel, Variable Q

31 band Parametric EQ per channel where you can select anywhere from 10hz to 20khz to adjust particular frequencies along with the Q factor aka how much other frequencies near that particular frequency gets affected. Individual left and right EQ separation capable to really help a lot.

Time alignment that can narrow down to very small and precise units. The ability to set stuff for listening positions. Some have preset increments which cannot allow for maximum accuracy.

Different preout input capabilities. 8 channels or more, Good pre-out and input voltage ranges, good internal DACs 32 bit or higher preferably. IF it can do a digital signal and override any processing previously, its much MUCH better.

full bandpass capable crossovers frequency from 10hz to 20khz with slopes ranging from -6db to -48db octave, along with different types of crossover dampeing aka linkwitz riley, butterworth, chebychev, bessel, Variable Q
31 band Parametric EQ per channel where you can select anywhere from 10hz to 20khz to adjust particular frequencies along with the Q factor aka how much other frequencies near that particular frequency gets affected. Individual left and right EQ separation capable to really help a lot.

Time alignment that can narrow down to very small and precise units. The ability to set stuff for listening positions. Some have preset increments which cannot allow for maximum accuracy.

Different preout input capabilities. 8 channels or more, Good pre-out and input voltage ranges, good internal DACs 32 bit or higher preferably. IF it can do a digital signal and override any processing previously, its much MUCH better.
I mean all of those things are great. Will I be able to hear the difference from a 24bit to 48 bit system? I'm still rocking mostly mp3's. My buddy is a music producer and just a week ago we were playing with high res music doing AB tests and it's impossible to tell. Now a mp3 of the high res file you can tell but uncompressed to a higher bit rate uncompressed were virtually the same. Now if I install the massive and don't like it I think I will save up the money and get a higher end unit. I just don't want any noise added.

I mean all of those things are great. Will I be able to hear the difference from a 24bit to 48 bit system? I'm still rocking mostly mp3's. My buddy is a music producer and just a week ago we were playing with high res music doing AB tests and it's impossible to tell. Now a mp3 of the high res file you can tell but uncompressed to a higher bit rate uncompressed were virtually the same. Now if I install the massive and don't like it I think I will save up the money and get a higher end unit. I just don't want any noise added.
yes you will. So just to give you a bit of what its like. I had an onkyo tx 616 reciever that has 32 bit DACs and some dayton b652 air speakers. I got an onkyo 606 which is one line below with a 24 bit processor for my dad but before that I did a direct swap. Volume levels were fine but it felt like there was a wet towel over my speakers, clarity and detail was lost dramatically. This is tested with both spotify 128kbps, 320kbps files and flac.

IF you dont have an audiophile ear, then dont worry. Most average people dont hear any differences in detail. However if you listen to your music seriously, There's a huge jump.

Most of the times with the processing, they do not override the previous signal from the head unit which still is mainly an analog signal. If the processor can override that, You will feel the full force of 32bit processing at its finest.

Keep in mind your files and ACTUAL components grades of processing are two different things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.