DSP talk

Stupide simple question :

if i run tweeters and mid-woofers active on an amp, with the DSP. Once all parameters are set in the DSP, i assume i need to bypass the X-over on the amp ?

if i run tweeters and mid-woofers active on an amp, with the DSP. Once all parameters are set in the DSP, i assume i need to bypass the X-over on the amp ?
Before you start setting up the XO on the DSP you will open up all the XOs on the amps. Or set them to All pass if it has it.

There's no harm is setting high pass filters on the amplifier out of the band that you define in the DSP, so they are present as a back-up in case your DSP settings are wiped. For example, if you program a high pass filter of 3 kHz for the tweeters, and your amplifier maxes at 500 Hz, set the amplifier's HPF to 500 Hz. It's not going to protect a pair of small tweeters at high volume from breaking something, but at least the bass will be filtered out.

another question :

here's two amps specs :

1 Ohm @ 12.8v 1400w rms

or

4 ohm @ 14.4V 125w x 2

the voltage correspond to what ? signal input level ? output level ? main power voltage ?

if i use the equation we talked about earlier, this voltage doesn't match the ouput level so....i tend to believe it's the main power voltage, right ?

I wish I would have saw this earlier.....

I've had an Audison Bit Ted D for about 2 years now and I love it.

It can make any tweeter,mid, and sub sound amazing.

you can also make your equipment sound terrible if you are using the wrong crossover slopes or is the crossover points are to steep.

For the most part, the software is the same on all of them. Pretty simple slider set up. A few will let you type in what you want for values.

Always find a good ground and power source. Otherwise you might get noise.

Also, if you really want to go full digital I recommend using the Optical/coax connection and use flac or wav files.

For the most part, the software is the same on all of them. Pretty simple slider set up.
I'm playing with different softwares from different DSP since last week. Helix is clearly the one i prefer. Also like the one from Rockford 3sixty.3. But since i'm playing with the demo only, there are some features missing. With the 3sixty.3, i can time align using delay in msec only, i can't set it using distance, i really can't see how i can tune it correctly using delay in msec since i don't have any references...

there's also a cheaper one, the PPi 88r....i saw some negative reviews about it regarding lack of EQ band for the sub and you can't adjust the sub level with the remote control, only the master level, noise in the system etc.....do you know anything about this one ?

If was on a real tight budget id also consider the never mentioned JBL MS-2.

You can get them for under $40 new on Ebay and they they are super simple to use. I got one in my new van right now and i must say its not bad. It takes a all right sounding stock system to a nice enjoyable SQ level IMO.

I do like that you can try the software before you buy.

If sub control is a big part of you set up then you can run a separate remote from the amp

I myself don't use to many presets. I do use sub controls and fader from time to time. I liked the Audison because at the time (2 years or so) it had the most features and the remote was the best looking to me. The new DRC MRP is even better looking and has controls for color.

What is your total budget for the dsp? Diyma.com has a few dsp floating around from them to time.

I see there are many threads talking about DSP a bit here and there but i can't find any threads that fully walk around the subject.
I would like to hear about your experiences and what you recommend.

what would be best for a beginner tuner like i'm going to be. Always been loving sound, always had basic systems with amped coaxials and driven from cheap HU without any tuning. But now i wanna step my game up.

I'm a self-educated type of guy who learn fast, read a lot about subjects and end-up doing everything myself.

Youtube and different forums have always been a real Bible to me so i'm relying on you guys to guide me to the right direction in term of DSP.

I'm playing with Helix DSP software since yesterday and it's pretty easy to use. Is Helix a good choice ? Is there any other better than that but still in that price range. I'm not ready to pay like 2000$ for a processor

please help me out ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/c-dsp-6x8 best dsp for the money. period.

First-timers guide to measuring your system - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

With the 3sixty.3, i can time align using delay in msec only, i can't set it using distance, i really can't see how i can tune it correctly using delay in msec since i don't have any references...
The manual says otherwise.

DelayEach channel of the 3Sixty.3 can be delayed by up to 10 msec, by either entering a specific value in the text box above the level slider or moving the level

slider with the mouse. The delay can be entered in distance or time (See Preferences).

there's also a cheaper one, the PPi 88r....i saw some negative reviews about it regarding lack of EQ band for the sub and you can't adjust the sub level with the remote control, only the master level, noise in the system etc.....do you know anything about this one ?
DSP-88R has gotten worse reviews than that, with mentions of outright failure that led to owners buying an entirely different DSP. It's to be avoided despite an enticing low price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.