• Thread starter <thumpinblazr>
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 5K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<thumpinblazr>

I am looking to get 2 rockford HX2's both dual 4 ohm. I have a 2 channel amp that i want to run at 2 ohms. How exactly do i wire the subs and amp to both put out, and take a 2 ohm load?

Or should i get the dual 2 ohm models? But i thought they could only be wired 1 or 4 ohm then if i am running just one off of one channel?

may sound stupid, but this is really confusing me.

thanks for your help,

Dustin

in order to get a 2 ohm load from 2 4 ohm subs, you must connect the positive lead from the amp to the 2 positive leads of the subs, and the negative lead from the amp to the negative leads on the subs. Therefore, you would have 2 wires from the positive amp, each going to the positive terminal of the subs, and the same for the negative.

both subs have dual 4 ohm voice coils, those can be wired in parallel to make a 2 ohm load to each channel of the amp. so therefore, the 2 subs would each run at 2 ohms right?

please let me know if i am mistaken,

thanks a lot,

Dustin

Your wiring options with Dual 4 ohm voice coils are: 4 ohm mono, 1 ohm mono, 8 ohm mono, 4 ohm stereo, 2 ohm stereo.

You will have to run the amp stereo (using both channels)

On each sub you will need to wire the voice coils in paralel. Easiest way to explain this is to splice the speaker wire into a "Y" shape. You will need 4 sets of "Y's" 2 Y's per sub, obviously 1 for posative, one for negative. Take 1 of the Y's and connect two of its ends to each posative side of the sub. Repeat this for the negative side. This should leave 2 wires -1 posative, 1 negative from the sub. Copy this at the second sub. This will effectively leave each sub at 2ohms paralel. Now take each sub and hook it up to the left and right channels of your amp- posative to posative, negative to negative. You now have a 2ohm stereo load.

Take it easy,

-zane

Originally posted by zane:Your wiring options with Dual 4 ohm voice coils are: 4 ohm mono, 1 ohm mono, 8 ohm mono, 4 ohm stereo, 2 ohm stereo.

-zane
but he could only have 4 ohm stereo if he had 1 sub and could only get 2 ohm stereo out of 2 of those. It sounded like you thought that yu could get both out of 1 4 DVC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.