DynAudio MD100 vs. Image Dynamics XS28's vs. CDT 26 silk's

Participant count
  • Participant list

webdzynes
10+ year member

NYC
All very good. I have 1 set of DynAudio 100's but need a new set for the rear. Should I get another set of MD100's or pick up one of these other sets (which I have not heard but come very highly recommended on here). They will serve as back fill only.... Everything runs off of 2 separate JL Audio 300-2 amps

if you ask me id say the drt 26s.. the xs just isn't as defined..
good info. Do the DRT's you're referencing have a silk dome or are they ceramic or aluminum? I dont know but from what Ive read, that seems to be the major difference for "brightness"...That ceramic's are brighter than silk and that aluminum is brighter than ceramic...

I know its a generalization but the only 2 comparables I can reference are the DynAudio soft domes I have (MD100) and the MB Quarts I had which were aluminum (and very clear - but harsh)...

mine are the silks, there laid back i have them directly on axis and there NEVER harsh..

the drt alum is almost the same but above 12k there more efficient so naturally there "brite" thing is though a slightly lower placement helps lower the fatigue.. i must say there alum is nothing like the MB quarts.. while i find the silks dull compared to the extremely detailed focal hard domes there a hell of alot smoother and blend with the midrange fantastic...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.